Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning hoping that last night had all been a nightmare. That was until I looked at my phone and had a few messages from Kai and some unknown numbers I could only assume were the other three boys. Kai must have given them my number since I was somehow officially a member of the group. I looked at the clock on my phone and realized that I had slept in longer than usual, if I didn't get up I'd be late for school. Although school was the last thing on my mind this morning.
As I was getting ready, I started to replay the events of last night. None of this could be happening to me. It was all just to bizarre. I don't understand, one minute, I'm nobody with a few heightened skills, the next minute I'm some thousand year old whatever. With a block on my memories. This still doesn't make any sense.
As soon as I finished getting ready, my phone started ringing, I looked at the screen and some unknown number popped up, probably one of the boys.
"Hello?"
"Ahhh, Princess. Finally I'm able to speak to you alone. I don't think we were able to completely introduce ourselves the other night." I couldn't move, this was the guy who jumped out in front of my vehicle, the one who called me princess and started this whole thing. "What do you want?" "I told you, I would like to formally introduce myself, just a chance."
"What makes you think that I would ever come to you willingly?" "See, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I had my doubts. Listen, if you choose to come to me, by yourself, without your little group, I won't hurt your friends. Iris and Logan, right? However, if you put up a fight, I will have no choice but to pick them off one by one."
I started panicking, how was he able to find them, how did he even know I was close to them, there was only one thing to do. "Fine, where am I going?"
"Good girl, there is a little run down factory off of Main and Washington, go there. I'd say in about an hour. Oh, and Davina, come alone, or there won't be much of your friends left by the time you get there." After that, he hung up. I needed answers, and even if this was the stupidest idea I've ever had, at least I could insure my friends' safety and get some answers. I decided to skip school and head to his location. My nerves never settling the whole entire way there. I got to the factory in good time, and started to walk in. As I got to the door, I had to stop. If my friends weren't in there, I was screwed. Hopefully Finn was smart enough to put a tracker on my phone in case I was ever in danger. I finally got enough confidence and walked in. The place looked deserted and it was quiet, too quiet for me.
"Well hello Davina." A voice from behind me said. A voice that was too familiar. "Dekter." I turned around and sure enough he was there, walking towards me, slowly but surely. "Where are my friends?" "Oh, a straight to the punch kind of girl, I like it. Your friends are safe, for now." "So, you're saying that I came here for nothing?" "No? Of course not, you thought your friends were in trouble and came to rescue them, even without your power. You brave, little girl." He said, with what almost sounded like a chuckle. "Listen Davina, I needed you to come, and that seemed like the only way to get you here. I know you have a lot of questions and I can answer anything you'd like. I'm not your enemy here Davina, you can trust me, I'm here to serve you." "What makes you think I will ever trust you, or believe that you're not the enemy. You almost killed me!"
"Okay, I agree. Jumping in front of your vehicle was a little unnecessary, but I needed to get your attention. I think I succeeded, don't you?" My phone started to ring, so I took it out of my pocket, it was Kai, calling for the twentieth time. I turned it off and put it back in my pocket. "I suggest you start asking whatever questions you need answered, I believe we are becoming limited on time my dear. "Fine, why did you call me princess?" "because that is what you are, you are the daughter of Queen Danika. You are the only heir to her throne. I was sent here to return you so that you may take your rightful place as our new Queen."
"What makes me so special? Why was I sent away and my memories blocked?" "You're special because of your blood, you were sent away because there were people coming for you because of what you were and the Queen must have put a block on your memories and powers to keep you safe. If you are starting to feel anything, it is because whatever spell they used is wearing off." "What am I, and how old am I?" "For years, we have all thought that you were just a vampire like your mother, the Queen. That was until we had actually started doing our research and found out that your father was born a warlock and a werewolf, one of the most powerful hybrids of the land. He went into battle and disappeared after a few hundred years. Your mother was devastated." "You still never answered my questions." "I was getting to that. You were born October 29th, 1419. You are 600 years old. As for what you are, my dear, you are a trybrid. The first and last of your kind. Which is why you were hunted for years, these monsters were jealous, you were one of the most powerful supernatural that ever lived, they wanted the power, they wanted your blood to make more like you." "So, I'm a witch, vampire, and werewolf? How is that even possible?" "Listen, I'd love to stay and chat and answer more questions, but in about 5 seconds, your friends are going to bust the door down and I will not be here to see what they're going to do. Till next time, your majesty." He did a quick bow and was gone before I could say anything else. And just like he said, all four boys busted down the door and I was left to answer more questions