Chapter Eleven:

We arrive at the Crimson village. Or the portal to it. Falcon says this is the spot, but it looks just like Caius' town--invisible to the eye.

Falcon changes back into his human form, faster than before. But I still flinch when his bones snap back into place. He shrugs it off and steps forward, yelling "I ask for entry!"

The portal ripples, and then we can see the entrance. But it is not extravagant. It just looks like an ordinary door with marks and scratches all over it. Falcon grabs my hand and leads me to the door, which is red with a golden doorknob. But it looks very old and worn. I even wonder if it will collapse when we open it.

It doesn't.

We enter the new village, and I look around in shock. There are many buildings, and small alleyways here and there. But the town is covered in red lights with gold strings hanging from them. The entire town appears to take on those colours, as there are red and gold almost everywhere I look.

I understand why it's called the Crimson village now.

No one confronts us, which is strange. And I then wonder how Blanche would have even come here. There was a portal entrance, as if she would know this...

"Falcon, I think this is a bad idea."

"We will find her, I promise you."

I think to myself that he shouldn't make promises he can't keep. I refrain from saying this and instead look around some more at the scenery. People are now staring at us on the street, but they do not act so disgusted by the scent of us. Many smile with glee, and a woman rushes over to us. She is wearing her blonde hair with an assortment of braids piled over her head. She has a very deep red lipstick painted over her lips, and gold eyeshadow. To match, her dress is red with puffs of gold at the bottom. She appears to have come from a very, very old time. Her clothing says as much. As a matter of fact, most of the residents here dress in this odd fashion.

"A human?!" She cries out, grabbing at me. But Falcon steps in front and blocks her needy hands.

"Do not touch her," he shoves her away.

I gasp, not liking the fact that he put his hands on her.

"Falcon!" I snap, gaining his attention. He licks his lips nervously and then whines like a dog would.

"Does this mean we are free?" People start surrounding us, smiles on their faces.

"No," I reply, and I feel bad about their obvious disappointment. If it were up to me, I don't think I would want them in my world. I would want to keep them here. Sorita, Caius' sister, was right. They could potentially harm humans, and I don't want someone to go through what I have. I would never admit this to Falcon, as I know how he feels about this.

"We are looking for another human. What does she look like?" Falcon turns to me.

"She has long blonde hair and...wait, my kind have never come here. You would know if she was here."

"Speak to the Alpha. He might know," the woman tells us, smiling. Her eyes twinkle, and I feel as if we have walked right into a trap.

Falcon nods and grabs my hand again, pulling me closer than before. His eyes scan the area as we continue walking.

"You've been here a few times?" I ask, and he blushes. "As I've said, I've had many females in my company."

"So, you've dated a woman from here?"

"Women. As in plural. Stay close to me," he warns, and I swallow back the envy. Those women were lucky.

The biggest blush I've ever had comes to my face and I know it is visible by how hot my face feels. I can't believe I'm feeling jealous over him being with others. I just met the guy!

"It's the bond," I mentally repeat to myself over and over.

"Your face is red. Are you alright?" Falcon asks, stopping in his tracks. He moves his hand up to my face, but I swat it away.

He frowns. "You're angry about something, I can sense it."

"It's the lights reflecting off my face," I lie. "I'm just upset that we are wasting our time here."

"Hmm," Falcon raises an eyebrow at me. "Someone might have seen her. It never hurts to ask." He appears almost offended that I feel this way.

He turns and moves to the other side of the road. I narrow my eyes at how distant he's suddenly become, but do not comment on it. I wonder what part of what I said bothered him so much.

Maybe because I refused his touch? I feel guilty for slapping his hand away from me, but I wasn't prepared to tell him the truth in that moment. No way. It would never happen. We would never happen. I'm not about to be another one of the women he's been with. I suddenly feel a burning over my chest, and when I look down, the stone buzzes with activity. I feel my mood drastically improve.

"Rayne? Are you okay?"

"Never better," I smile, and grab Falcon's hand. He returns my smile and leads me towards a white house with a gold roof and a red door. It looks tacky, but I don't say that out loud.

"This is the Alpha's home."

"What is he?" I ask him, but I stop when a large bear comes running out from behind the house. The bear rises and stands tall, letting out a loud roar.

I scream.

The bear's eyes are beady black, squinting at us with rage. It swipes the air, and I notice its claws are sharp and deadly, obviously able to decapitate anyone with one touch. They look like thick thorns, and I can't help but watch in horror as it roars at us.

Falcon laughs and gets into a fighting position.

"It's been a long time, Alpha Conrad."

"I told you I would kill you the next time I saw you, and I will keep my promise!" The bear speaks like a human, shouting angrily. I back away slowly, wanting to get as far away as possible from this creature. He may be a shifter like Falcon, but I'm not bonded to this bear. There's a chance he could kill me and have me for breakfast, dipping my eyeballs in a jar of honey.

I shiver at the thought of those claws of his plucking my eyeballs out and eating them like grapes.

"It's been two hundred years, can't you let this go?" Falcon groans.

"You deflowered my sister!" the bear roars even louder if that's possible. I choke on my spit at this, making Falcon flinch. He completely forgot I was there. He shrugs and instead continues to antagonize the so called Alpha bear.

"And?"

"She was ruined!"

"Yeah, and she liked it."

That was the last straw for the bear, or Conrad, for it runs towards us with a mighty roar.