11.) Again With The Lies

Destiny's POV

Destiny's POV

Destiny's Outfit

Destiny's Outfit

Being back home was so comforting, especially going to sleep and waking up in my husband's arms, but at the same time...I couldn't help but jump at every single noise I heard. I'm sure I was just being paranoid, but I couldn't help it. Knowing that Jack was on the loose and nobody knew where he was, made me nervous and terrified to what this man is planning. I tried to convince myself that he wasn't thinking about me, or Christian, or the drama we all endured three years ago; but who am I kidding? I shot this man and testified against him, while he thinks that Christian stole a life from him. He was definitely out for revenge.

"Mrs. Grey? I brought you some tea." Gail spoke, taking a seat next to me. I was sitting outside on the patio, staring towards the river in deep thought.

"Thank you, Gail. And I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly, especially when you're in the midst of an adoption. Ugh, I'm a terrible employer and an even worst friend." I sighed.

"Don't be ridiculous, I understand completely. If anything like that would've happened to me, then I would've packed up my bags and left as well. You're doing what any loving mother would do, and that is keeping yourself and your children safe. Besides...with everything that's going on around here, Jason and I decided to put the adoption on hold." I glanced at her, seeing the pained look on her face, and as much as I hate to say this...putting a hold on the adoption is actually the best idea for right now.

"Oh Gail...I'm so sorry." I laid my head on her shoulder, as she laid her head on mine. 

"It's fine, really. Until that maniac Jack is caught, I don't feel comfortable being here alone with a child, or...being here alone period. Mr. Grey was generous enough to let me stay in Escala when he's not home, but I don't feel comfortable staying there alone either." She said, as I nodded my head.

"I get it, but Jack probably knows we don't stay there anymore, so you should be safe there." I told her. "I'm sure that old bitch Elena already told him where we lived, but what I don't understand is...how did she know?" I had been asking myself that question for a week and a half, not being able to wrap my head around how this woman knew where we lived.