{2}

Thank you to everyone who continues to support me, you mean the world to me 😭
By the way, I think I'll always refer to the coach as "coach" because I legit cannot make up anything for him because I suck, so HAHAHAHA yeah :) enjoyyyyy
-----

"take your marks! Go!"

they all dive into the water, surging forward as quickly as they can, arms being worked by the weight of the water.

the petite boy is in the lead, just barely in front of harry, until he misses the wall when kicking off to turn around.

as he jumps out of the pool, harry feels confident that he finished first. he always finished first.

eventually, not long after harry stops, they're all finished and out of the pool, the small crowd of fans on the stands cheering loudly.

their coach starts off reading their times, beginning with niall. "horan, 57.1 seconds."

the blonde smiles happily, smoothing his wet hair back as the man moves on to tristan. "56.3 seconds."

the taller boy pumps his fist in the air, smirking over at niall, who rolls his eyes defeatedly.

"calum and micheal, 57.4 seconds." coach says, the two boys smiling and fist-bumping each other.

the coach walks over to where harry and the new boy are standing, not very close together but not super far. "harry, louis, 54.6 seconds. good job."

the small boy, apartment named louis, beams at the coach brightly, while harry just glared at the side of the boys face.

as coach walks away with louis, the others talk amongst themselves. "winner again, harry. are you sure you aren't cheating?" tristan teases.

harry just lazily smirks as they all laugh and pat him on the back.

"okay, boys. let me officially introduce you to louis, the newest member of our team." their coach announces, the small boy stepping out from behind him and smiling shyly, but excitedly, at everyone, eyes wide with excitement. "please give him any assistance he needs, especially from you, harry."

louis smiles, eyes crinkling, receiving smiles in return from everyone, except for harry, who just looks the small boy up and down almost menacingly, which he seems to not notice.

louis was very petite, unlike everyone else. Even Niall wasn't quite as small as him. (a/n: I LOVE SMALL MY BABY BEANS LOUIS AND NIALL :)) most of them were all fairly tall and broad, it helping that they all actually work out at least once a day to keep their strength up. the boy was also pretty short compared to everyone else, his hair swept into a fluffy fringe, accentuating the femininity of his face and overall his body. harry found himself hating the softness.

"louis, you can go rest in harry's room." coach says to the small boy. "harry will show you around it later."

the tall boy furrows his eyebrows and looks at his dad with a bored expression, looking to everyone else a few seconds later, who all avoid his gaze and look to louis.

"hey, i'm tristan." the tall, dirty-blonde-haired boy says, and then motions to the shorter boy next to him. "this is niall, he's not really on the swim team but he just somehow keeps ending up here."

niall looks at him as if he was saying 'what the fuck' with his eyes and smacks him on the arm, but still laughs along with everyone else and waves to louis.

"these two-" tristan says, motioning to the two boys who are obviously very close to one another, one very pale and one quite the opposite. "are micheal and calum. they'll probably date and we all know it."

he leans in and loudly whispers the last part, openly trying to make sure everyone hears him, smirking and winking in the boys' direction.

they blush and step a little farther from each other in embarrassment, but wave at louis anyways.

"and that's harry over there, he's our team captain." tristan says, motioning towards the tall, long-haired boy.

harry just stares boredly at louis, who looks at up at him with a small smile in greeting. the tall boy looks on for a few more seconds before turning away, mouth in a line but his eyes showed his frown of annoyance.

-----

michael, calum, and niall all huddle in the locker room entry, watching as harry and his dad try to talk. talking never went well for the two. harry was angry and his dad...? well his dad was very obviously oblivious to everything around him not involving swimming.

"harry, let's talk." the man says to his son as he stands by the younger at his locker.

the tall boy quickly spins the combination into his lock, popping open the door, turning to look at his dad expectantly. "what the hell? you should have told me first."

"the room is too big for you alone, harry."

harry rolls his eyes at his dads statement. "okay? so who's this boy? are you replacing me?"

coach looks to the side, and then back at his son. "don't be crazy, harry." he assures. "focus on what you have to do. as the team captain, you have to take care of your team, and get us some good results."

harry rolls his eyes once again as his dad rambles on, pulling on his windbreaker as the man continues. "this past year, you haven't won any medal for our team. this could be a big issue, harry."

the long-haired boy slings his bag over his shoulder and turns to his dad. "i'm not ready for any races right now, coach."

they look at each other for a few more seconds, until the older man chuckles and speaks up. "based on today's results, someone is more ready than you."

harry's straight face immediately drops, glaring at his dad as he harshly closes his locker, walking away, past louis, who was worriedly listening from around the corner, not really having any other option.

the tall boy storms out of the locker room, angrily pushing past micheal who stumbles over, landing in front of calum, now holding him against the wall. louis walks out a few seconds later, seeing the two boys in the compromising position, who quickly scramble away from each other and smile innocently at louis as he walks away.

what a day already.

—————-

YAYYYYY, I FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN!

IM SO SORRY GUYS, I'VE BEEN GOING THROUGH SOME STUFF. BUT I'M HERE AND I'M READY TO START WRITING AGAIN.

ILY ALL, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME, BECAUSE IT MOTIVATES ME SOOO MUCH.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE STAYED WITH ME. You mean the world!!! And if you're new here, give me a follow! it gives me soooo much motivation, and I'm so close to my goal of 1k :,) Let's be friends!

xxx