a new life

Josephine lived in Leeds her whole life. She'd like to think her family was closer then they were, and the fate that rested upon her brother in the year 1921 proved that she couldn't be more wrong.

After
Leeds, England 1921

After the death of young Robert Nichols, the Nichols family had despised Josephine and every thing she was. Parents Margaret and William Nichols had raised the two children for the entirety of their life, and on that day in 1921, with the death of their beloved son, came the metaphorical death of their daughter.

"She's not staying with us. I can't bare to even look at her. She's almost thirty, the only reason she was here was to help out with Robert while we were working, and she couldn't even do that for gods sakes" Margaret stated, anger dripping from her mouth, the resentment of her older child and now only child, not bothered to be hidden.

"I know she's not staying here. I want her gone as much as you do, but we can't just send her off. She needs to leave herself" William replied. The hatred he felt almost burning a hole straight through his heart. What they didn't know was that just around the corner of the living room, Josephine stood, already packed to leave Leeds for good.

She knew she wasn't wanted there anymore, and she couldn't even fight it. She blamed herself for Roberts death more then her parents even did, and when she's not thinking about his last moments, she is having nightmares of them. Her parents continued bickering in the other room about how they can get rid of her, and she had already snuck her way out the door and was ready to start her new secret life in Birmingham away from the pain that was permanently trapped within what use to be her home.

 Her parents continued bickering in the other room about how they can get rid of her, and she had already snuck her way out the door and was ready to start her new secret life in Birmingham away from the pain that was permanently trapped within wh...