fifth times a fucking charm

➴ ➶

➴ ➶

➴ ➶

After hearing my parents practically plan to kick me out, I had already had my path set on Birmingham and the new life I would live there. I didn't know what Birmingham offered, but I was fairly confident I could start my new life there, away from all the pain that runs through Leeds. I have been in Birmingham for a couple days now, using the last of my money to be able to afford a place to stay for the time being, and any other necessities I needed for living on my own. Which is something I wasn't able to do since my parents had asked me to help take care of Robert while they were gone to work. Deciding today was the day I went out and finally looked for my own work, I got dressed and styled my hair before grabbing my purse and making my way into the streets of my new home.

I had gone into a few shops to find out if they were hiring or even open to the idea of hiring. I have basic education, am able to read and write without any problems, but no one here was looking for quite the thing, most seemed to be doing just fine without it.

"Please, sir. This is my fourth shop today, I really need a job" I kindly ask the man who is running the local flower shop.

"Sorry ma'am, like I said, we're not hiring as of now. I hope you do end up finding a place, but my shop just isn't it" He tells me while styling a decorative vase of flowers.

"Thanks anyway. Sorry for the bother" I tell him through a sigh, as I carry my head out with a sad smile which he returns and waves me goodbye.

As I step into the murky streets, I continue my way down hoping to see any other options of work. After continuing down I notice a place called The Garrison Pub, it looked new and as I got closer, through the windows I could see it looked untouched. Gaining the courage to even step up to the building, I proudly knocked three times on the door hoping anyone was even inside to open the door. It was quiet for a moment as I heard rustling inside, getting closer and closer to the door. When I heard the inside door unlock I stiffened my posture to look more presentable, a moment later being face to face with a man in a suit, hair growing long from the top of his head, and a moustache.