Chapter One

The weather in British Columbia was colder than it was in England. Daniel was used to the cold weather, but this cold? It was an adjustment to his system. It was absolutely freezing. He had been on colder sets with Potter, but not so cold that there was a risk of frost. He was currently glad that he had listened to his mother and brought his heavy coat. But where was the heavy coat?

In his trailer and not on his body, which was most likely where Marcia figured it was. He could imagine her scolding him for not wearing the heavy coat. He was still getting used to being on film sets on his own without either of his parents.

"Are you cold Dan?" Juno asked, from his left.

"I'm actually thinking about heading back to my trailer for my coat," Daniel replied, rubbing his hands together near the radiator.

"I would. I'm going to get mine in a moment."

Daniel glanced around at the congregated cast and crew, about to tell someone he was going to step out and head to his trailer for a moment when the director Alexandre Aja, stepped in the trailer, shutting the door behind him.

"Cold enough for you?" he asked the group.

"Yeah," Juno sighed.

"And I thought London was cold," Daniel said. "I'm stepping out to my trailer, I'll be back in a little bit."

"Alright, don't take too long. I want to go over the schedule for the day."

Daniel nodded, acknowledging that he heard him and left the trailer, the cold Canada air hitting him full force as he shut the door quickly behind him and began to power walk to his trailer on the other end of the lot.

As he walked, he thought back on the day he had sat down with both his agent, Sue and his father, Alan to discuss the movies he was wanting to try for. This one, the script was a selling point, the plot caught his attention and the horns, and well they were nothing he couldn't handle. He had a lightning bolt drawn on his forehead for ten years, what's two fake horns?

He and Alan had a long talk about it on the way home and when he found it that it was a go, he told Erin. She already knew that he was going to be filming a movie in Canada already. A romantic comedy called What If or The F Word depending on where the movie was being released. At first, Erin had laughed when Daniel told her, but then she asked him "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I am," Daniel answered.

"Well, maybe you can learn something."

He knew Erin was joking, but he wasn't the most romantic boyfriend. He felt like he was a fairly romantic boyfriend. But sometimes it backfired on him. He was more romantic with Erin than any of his previous girlfriends. He had introduced her to his parents when they came to the premiere of Kill Your Darlings. Marcia had commented after the movie that she noticed the chemistry between Erin and Dan in their scene in the library.

"That wasn't acting," he admitted. Marcia smiled. She approved of Erin, finding her to be a sweet girl.

Speaking of Erin, Daniel had lost track of where she was. He had talked to her a few days ago, but things were busy for both of them. With both of them being actors, they usually had a long-distance relationship. They talked on the phone, emailed, and video chatted with each other.

The days in Canada had bled into each other so much that if Daniel didn't look at the calendar, he wouldn't know what day it was.

Marcia had called Sam the night before to talk to Daniel during which she asked the typical mother questions.

"Are you eating?"

"Yes."

"Are you sleeping?"