fourteen

1-13-15, 11:22 pm {astrid}

                “Tell me a secret,” he murmured, his head leaning against the trunk of an oak tree. His arms were wrapped around me protectively, and his right hand intertwined with my left. “Like a secret-y secret; one that you’ve never told anyone before.”

                “I don’t know, Calum, I’m an open book.” I chuckled and he scoffed.

                “No you’re not! You’re the most secretive person I know! Bullshit, Astrid,” I laughed again, and he scowled. “C’mon, babe. I just wanna know you.”

                “Fine,” I rolled my eyes and he pecked my cheek. “Do you want to know a sad secret or an embarrassing one?” he raised an eyebrow at me.

                “Can I hear both?”

                “No! Pick one.”

                “But babe!” he whined, “I just wanna know you,” he said again. “I wanna know everything about you; I wanna hear about your good days and your bad days and I wanna hold you when you’re sad and try to kiss all better even though I know it won’t really do anything.”

                “You’re being awfully cheesy tonight, Calum Hood.” He shrugged,

                “I’m exhausted.”

                “Are you saying that you’re not gonna be nice to me when you’re not tired? I don’t think I want to be in this relationship anymore.” He fake gasped, putting a hand over his heart.

                “Are you breaking up with me?” I rolled my eyes,

                “Calum’s we’re not even dating.” He frowned,

                “What do you mean? Yes we are.”

                “Not officially.”

                “This seems pretty official to me, Astrid. I’ve confessed out my feelings to you multiple times and we make out a lot. Friends don’t make out.” He argued.

                “Well you’ve never properly asked me out, Calum. So, no, we’re not dating. I’m not your girlfriend.” I shot back, feeling instantly bad afterwards, because fuck—I worded that so badly.

                He got up from under me and wiped off his jeans before walking away, leaving me underneath the oak tree. I didn’t say anything—I just watched him go. I didn’t know what to say, I guess. Half of me didn’t really have the heart to stop him, so I just watched him disappear into the darkness from the other side of the park.

                A few minutes later, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

1-3-15, 11:31 pm

from: squinty

go on a date with me

from: princess

that was too demanding ask me again

from: squinty

pretty please go on a date with me