♡ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉 ♡

𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I didn't mean to kill her.

My eyes are blurry but I can tell something is very wrong. My sister and I are quickly taken out of the room while dad's anguish almost rolls off of him as he desperately tries to save mom. I don't really remember what happens next, just a blur of people and different rooms. Eventually, I'm able to focus again. While I can't really see the room around me, it's warm and I think I can hear a soft crackling sound. Renesmee's gone, but I can feel that she's okay. I'm scared. I don't know what happened to mom and I can feel this buzzing in my head. Like I'm almost hearing voices but it's too faint to make out.

The woman holding me, I believe she said her name was Rosalie, doesn't seem too worried though so maybe everything will be okay. She's been talking to me and while I haven't really been paying attention, her voice is very soothing. What did bring my attention was the man who walked into the room, he looked... resentful, angry. His expression quickly changed once our eyes met. I could barely make out some images where that buzzing used to be. I'm not sure exactly what just happened but he doesn't look as angry now.

Rosalie seemed to finally notice what, or who, I'm staring at. There were some harsh words exchanged before he reached out to me. She is incredibly tense now and I can tell she's trying to protect me but I really don't see why. He's not a threat anymore. I squirmed to get her attention and once I have it I place my hands on her face. I don't know if this will work but I just want her to know that it's okay. She seems to be in a trance of some sort that breaks once I remove my hands. Her eyes flicker with confusion before being replaced by wonder and, after a few moments, she seemed to understand what I was asking. After another threat, she slowly let the man take me into his arms.

Some time passed with the man, Jacob, talking to me. Eventually, we move to a bigger room with more people. Renesmee's presence is stronger now and I feel a pang of jealousy through her. I try to look around but my vision is kind of limited right now. I try the hand thing I did earlier with Jacob and he blinks at me for a minute before asking Rosalie where my sister is. She calls over another woman who's holding Renesmee.

"Who is that?" My sister's voice enters my mind and I glance at Jacob while trying to form an answer.

"...I'm not really sure but I feel safe around him. Rosalie seems to hate him but I can tell he isn't bad." I think she was going to ask something else but dad enters the room and we both move our attention to him.

"What's going on in here?" He glares at Jacob and there's a very tense pause before he sighs, "Seriously, Jacob?"

Jacob's mouth twitched, "You know I can't control it, Edward."

Dad's mouth twisted into a frown, "You just wait until Bella wakes up." He warned, and Jacob's tan skin paled. "Now, I'd like to hold my daughters." Renesmee and I immediately reached out for him. His face lit up with awe, lips turned into a gentle smile as we were placed in his arms.

"Bella didn't get a chance to name both, right?" Alice seems a bit hesitant as she asks.

His expression dulled, "...no she didn't."

Rosalie gently added, "Well, she needs a name. What do you think, Edward?"

He stared for a minute, thinking. "Annalyth... Annalyth Marie Cullen."

"...Did you know Bella was having twins?" Rosalie questioned.

Dad looks up at her, "No... There were times I thought I heard an extra heartbeat, but it was so faint that I couldn't tell..." His brows are furrowed, and I frowned. A full family of vampires couldn't hear my heartbeat? There has to be something going on...

"Renesmee?" I gaze towards my twin, "Is Bella our mom?"

"I'm not sure..." We both looked up at dad, "I think I can ask him."

"How?"

Renesmee didn't answer. Instead taking her small hand and placing it on our father's cheek. It took a second but he let out a small gasp, eyes widened in surprise.

"She's... resting. She will be awake in a few days." He had such a proud look in her eyes and I could see Renesmee flush. "She's gifted; She showed me pictures of Bella..."

"Anna did that to me earlier..."

It seemed like he was going to answer but was quickly interrupted by two men barging through the door in a panic.

"The wolves are going to attack! They think Bella's dead, and want to kill the children!" The blonde reported and Jacob immediately stormed outside. After Renesmee and I were handed to Rosalie, dad and the other men followed suit.

Rosalie turned to Alice "I think it's time for bed." She nods in agreement and took Renesmee into a her arms. We are brought upstairs, changed, and placed into crib together. leaves to check on the fight happening outside, while Rosalie finishes tucking us in. She starts to hum, the tune sounds vaguely familiar but I drift off before I can identify it.

· · ───────── · ♡ · ───────── · ·

"Renesmee?" It's dark but I can feel her.

"...yeah?"

"Do you think mom will be okay?"

There's a moment of silence, "...I don't know, but we can't give up on her yet."