Chapter Seven: The First Encounter

But lies would never come true - no matter how much you convinced yourself. It had been a month since the entire slug incident, and the voices had only gotten worse. Of course, Anna was Anna, and that meant whenever she heard the voice, she tended to ignore it. After all - ignorance was bliss.

But that didn’t mean Anna wasn’t curious. She was no Ravenclaw, but she had decided to do her fair share, and go on a journey into the library in hopes of finding out  what ‘creatures who hiss and make noises but are invisible’ were.

She had been looking for the Magical Creatures section when she bumped into someone, causing her to fall backwards before she righted her footing quickly - looking up to see who she had bumped into. “Sorry,” The boy said, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

Cedric Diggory - a third year at Hogwarts and unexpectedly handsome. His hair was combed neatly, and his complexion was clear, but he still had that ‘cute boy’ gene that only some guys did. “No, it’s-it’s my bad.” Anna stuttered, about to turn around when Cedric stopped her.

“Wait.” He said, giving her one of those smiles that any girl could fall for. “What’s your name?” He asked. “Lillian-Anna,” She stuttered, wanting to slap herself in the face as she took a deep breath. “My name’s Lillian, but everyone just calls me Anna.” She said. He raised an eyebrow. “Aren’t you going to ask for mine?” He asked. Anna smiled. “I think everyone knows your name by now, Cedric Diggory - Hufflepuff Seeker.” She looked him up and down. “The Divination books are over there.” She told him, pointing behind her.

Cedric raised an eyebrow. “How’d you know?” He questioned. Anna shrugged, pointing to the papers in his hand. “Your Divination scores? I’d hope you’d be hurrying to study and fix them.” She said as Cedric chuckled, sweeping the hair from his eyes.

Anna flushed, realizing that she had stared at his face too long before focusing on the ground for a few seconds before looking back up at him. “You’re not like many people around here,” He observed. Anna snorted. “Well, if everyone was the same, the world would be pretty boring, wouldn’t it?” She answered.

Cedric pursed his lips - as if he was trying to decide something. Anna pointed over Cedric’s shoulder, out the doorway. She wanted to leave before she could make any more of a fool out of herself as she already had. “Er..I’ve got to go to Herbology now, and I’m sure you’ve got to get that Divination book to go study.” She said, checking the time.

“Of course,” Cedric said, stepping aside with a smile. “It’s been nice meeting you, Cedric.” She said, hoping she didn’t sound as nervous as she felt. “You too. Maybe we’ll meet again, Lillian Anna.” He called to her as she walked away - her worries whisked away by her feelings for this boy.

- - -

“Lillian Anna!”

Anna had been walking across the square to get back to the castle when she had been called out by Cedric - who was coming towards her. It had been a few weeks since their last talk, and Anna had been certain he had forgotten all about her.

“Hi!” She squeaked, before clearing her throat. “Hi.” She said more normally with a smile as he came closer. “How are you?” She asked politely as he laughed - his topaz eyes shining. “I thought you had me all figured out last time.” He said, and Anna scoffed. “I wish I had that ability. I’ve learned levitation spells, shrinking spells, and even learned how to make a pineapple dance across a table. I have not yet found out the trick to figure out other people’s darkest secrets.”

He only smiled as she spoke, and Anna flushed again - realizing that she had been staring too long at his perfectly sculpted lips. “Well…” He began, appearing nervous for the first time she had met him as he scratched the back of his neck uncomfortably. “I was wondering if...if you would want to meet me. J-just for a walk. To hang out. You know.” He said, shoving his pants into his pockets.