Rambling

Dahee's POV
"Class dismissed! Have a great day, kids!"

I picked up my bag and so did Kwan.  I was about to turn around and leave the classroom when Kwan tapped on my shoulder.

"Next class is Biology. You can follow me since you're not that familiar with the classrooms."

I kept quiet and nodded my head, thanking Kwan. Kwan let out a bright smile and shook her head.

"It's nothing! Anyways, since we're friends now, we should know a bit more about each other! What type of milk?"

I was dumbfounded. I stood in the middle of the hallway, trying to figure out what Kwan meant by "what type of milk". Kwan let out a cute giggle.

"Ah! I apologise! I'm too straight forward! What I meant was, what type of milk do you like?"

My eyes widened as realization hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Ahhh! Banana milk!"

I exclaimed as Kwan gasped dramatically as her eyes turned round and big. She grabbed onto me with her mouth wide open.

"Really?!?! Me too!"

She suddenly spun me around and hugged me. My body froze as my eyes widened. Everyone was staring at us. I pushed Kwan off lightly and laughed nervously.

"So, where do we start... Do you like tteokbokki, ramyeon, ginseng chicken,  half plain half spicy fried chicken, pizza, jeon and red bean bread?"

I froze again and this time, my stomach grumbled softly out of uneasiness. Tteokbokki, fried chicken and bread? Was that what she said? She was talking way to fast for me to grasp what she was saying exactly. I stood there dumbly, not knowing how to reply her.

"There i go again! Rambling on and on! I'm super sorry. This has become my habit and I can't really control myself. I'm not sure why but I just can't control myself and i-"

I covered her mouth and laughed nervously yet again.

"Can I do this when you start to ramble?"

I asked shyly and she nodded.

"Yes! Yes, you can!  That is actually a great idea! Why didn't I think of that? I could ask my mom or a friend to do this! But I don't have any friends-"

I covered her mouth yet again and she laughed, apologising.

"It's fine."

I replied, laughing. She seemed like a really nice and friendly person. I guess there are some nice people around here.

"This is our biology classroom. I honestly love biology but I absolutely hate mathematics. I mean, why is mathematics a thing? I feel like people should only learn a certain subject if they want to work in a certain career. Oh! Or they can-"

I covered her mouth again and we both laughed, entering the classroom. Everyone was staring at me from head to toe. They all were whispering while judging me.
I heard a loud grumble from my stomach again. I turned bright red while looking at Kwan uneasily. She could tell I was nervous. She gave me a bright and energetic smile that calmed me down.

After lessons, it was finally lunch time and I was starving. I was expecting some kimbap and maybe even some mandu but when I arrived at the cafeteria I was awestruck.
I stood there with my feet rooted to the ground as I let out a loud gasped. I could smell bulgogi, tteokbokki, galbi and kimchi in one sniff. The rich aroma of the dish wafted down and beckoned me. I was itching to rush to queue up.

3rd Person's POV
Soon after, Kwan and Dahee both sat side by side with the food placed in the metal tray with 4 sections for each dish. The wafting aroma was mouth-watering, making Dahee salivate in anticipation and drool uncontrollably. She watched the food hungrily as if she hadn't eaten for weeks.
All the schools she had studied in only gave her kimbap, omurice and kimchi. Kimbap on Monday, Wednesday and Friday together with kimchi. Omurice on Tuesday and Thursday also with kimchi.
They were all simple to make and cheap. Even though it tasted amazing, Dahee soon got tired of those food.
Seeing Dahee licking her lips with delight, Kwan smiled. Dahee reminded her of herself. Kwan wasn't well-off either.
She was amazingly talented at drawing and painting. That was why she was accepted into BAS. When she saw the food given in the cafeteria, she was as delighted and astonished as Dahee was.

"You know what's even better?"

"What?"

"They changed dishes everyday. Not one day in the month has the same dish."

Dahee gasped in delight yet again, making Kwan smile.

"You're joking!"

"I'm not!"

They both squeal and grabbed each other tightly but soon calmed down. As quick as possible, the two girls picked up their cutlery and started digging in happily.
The sweet and juicy chicken, the spicy and chewy tteokbokki, the sweet galbi and spicy yet sour kimchi filled Dahee's mouth as she sighed in satisfaction.

It was like heaven to her.