49. coming home

"I'm coming with you goofy" I put my hands up startled "you're what?" he smiles and pulls out a ticket "I'm coming home with you" my mind starts racing "but tour- and my dad, does my dad know? he won't be-" he places his finger on my lips "I worked it all out okay, don't worry" I feel relieved but still anxious how it will be with us alone during the day. I'm afraid my dad will scare him or something bad will happen, guys don't like me much when they find out how dysfunctional my family is, it isn't picture perfect, it's not perfect at all really "okay" I sigh, he hugs me "everything will be okay, alright?" I nod and hug him back "why are you just now telling me?" I pout, he pulls away with a smile "I wanted it to be a surprise" I couldn't be mad at his beautiful smile, "you're foreal right? you're 100% serious" he laughs and hugs me "yes I'm serious!"

The whole plane ride was a blur, Daniel sat besides me holding my hand the entire time. My nerves and butterflies filled my stomach and i felt as if i fell into a daze. I felt lovestruck and anxious around him, i wouldn't say it changed me but I've definitely felt on cloud 9 ever since. I don't know what it was but I felt like nothing could go wrong.

"hey, we're landing soon" he whispers just as the pilot announcement, I laugh and grab my carry on bag "thanks captain!" he blushes and hides his face in my neck. a smile spreads across my face, I slowly place my hand on his cheek. I run my thumb over his cheek, I fell back into the daze. a daze I couldn't quite understand but i loved every second of it. He kisses me on my neck, and I flinch from the tickle. He chuckles and starts to tickle me, I let out small giggles trying to be as quiet as possible.

I notice the irritation grow from the man who sat next to Daniel. I grabbed his hands and held them in mine "shhhh we're being loud" Daniel frowns and kisses my nose "fine!" The plane lands and everyone gets up, the man who sat at the outter seat of our row reached for his bag in the top shelf. He glanced at me before turning around, he looked familiar but i couldn't say if i knew him or not. Daniel grabs my bag and hold it with his he stands up and let's me infront of him "my lady" I smile and roll my eyes playfully. I stand behind the man and he stays looking forward, I began to feel uncomfortable being so close to him. I look back at Daniel who had a wide grin on his face, I smile and grab his hand. I hold it behind my back as we slowly walk off the plane. I kept an eye on the man as my anxiety told me he was trying to kill me, I know I sound dramatic but tell my brain to shut up...I watched as the man disappeared into the airport. We walk to our luggage, I grab mine just as a supporter walked up to Daniel. I moved a little over not trying to interrupt, I wait with both our bags with a smile on my face. His face always lights up when he meets his fans and it warms my heart. I feel a tug on my shoulder "oh my God im sorry, can can I get a picture?" I turn towards the girl "with me?" she nods "oh wow yes" she smiles and we take a picture, Daniel walks over "one more!" he laughs. The girls face whips into an even bigger smile, "oh my God Daniel!" he smiles and we take another picture "thank you so much wow" we both hug her and walk out of the airport, my dad waited with a smile on his face. Sam sat in the front seat with a grin, "how was California honey?" I have hug him, "it was great" Daniel shakes my father's hand "hello Mr. Angelo" my dad smiles "hey Daniel, nice to see you again" Daniel smiles "and you too" Sam gets out of the car and jumps into my arms, although I wasn't nearly strong enough to hold him but managed "I missed you" he says, I kiss his cheek " I missed you too weirdo" he slips out of my arms and then fist bumps Daniel "hey brother in-law" both of our faces turn red "I'm not your brother in-law yet" Daniel winks at me, I felt whiplashed by his words. My stomach erupts with butterflies "okay let's get home before we hold everybody up!" my dad cheers, we put our bags in the trunk and Daniel and I get into the back of the car.

The ride home my dad asked a bunch of questions about California, what it was like, what I did, how was everybody etc. I couldn't feel any awkward tension between my family and Daniel, I mostly worried that it would be difficult now that he was my boyfriend but Daniel was charismatic just like my father which made everything a lot easier. Plus my dad told me he liked Daniel way before we even had the chance to talk talk. As the time went on with Daniel, I noticed how open he became so quickly, he let me in and it made me feel special. I know everything won't be perfect because that's not how relationships work, it will become incredibly difficult once he leaves for tour. But I will do everything in my power to keep us together, and to keep him happy.

As we sat on the couch talking a loud knock echoed from the door, "that's the neighbors!" my dad cheers, I smile but then swallow hard remembering Jaime. I look at Daniel then back at my dad as he walked up to the door, I hoped Jamie didn't come with. I told him two days after I left for California i didn't want to date him because I was his little sisters babysitter and I still had feelings for someone. He understood and was okay with it, it shocked me but he was an amazing guy so it didn't surprise me he was okay with it.

The girls run in and into my arms, I smile as the giggle. I missed them a lot, Remi quickly realized who sat besides me. She stood starstruck, Jamie stood besides his father. He smiles lightly at me then his eyes land on Daniel. His smile left his face and he looked down, "MOM" Remi screamed, Mrs. Miller jumps but laughs "Remi! don't scream" everyone laughs. I stand up and hug them, I notice Remi sit down next to Daniel. "mom, that's Daniel" she raises her eyebrow "Daniel?" she looks at me, Daniel stands up and walks over to them. he shakes there hands introducing himself, "hi im Daniel" they shake his hand, Daniel reaches his arm out to Jamie, he was fully aware who he was "Daniel" Jamie takes his hand "Jamie" Remi walks over to her mom and tugs on her shirt, she bends down and whispers into her ear. he moms eyes widen with realisation "you're Daniel Seavey?" she asks and Daniel smiles wide "yes actually, Hal told me about you two. give me one second" he says before walking to his luggage. "Where is he from" Jamie whispers to his dad, I look at Daniel as he approached with hoodies and posters in his hands. he bends down "my band and I signed these for you two, and we got you complimentary tickets with hoodies" The girls scream and hug him, he had the widest grin on his face. They took the presents and everyone settled down, "so a band?" Mr. Miller says. "do you have a record label?"

Daniel nods "yeah, we're signed to Atlantic Records. With people like Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars" Jamie's eyes widen and Mr. Miller smiles and nods "that's cool, my daughter obviously love you. thank you by the way for the gifts" he smiles wide "oh no problem, once Hallie told me about them I knew i had to get them something" Daniel turns to me and slips his hand in mine, I blush and look down to afraid to look at Jamie.

🌻

awkward..

It's been awhile and I'm SO SORRY, SCHOOL IS KILLING ME