A Little Less Sixteen Candles

Tara woke up because of her noisy ass brother. He was lucky there was 180 pounds of hot male on her or she would beat his Red Bull hyped ass. She grabbed her phone and hit the home button to check the time.

7:50 pm

An hour till show time, her brother was right on schedule. He usually downed around a case of red bull about now. "Your brother is loud." She heard the mountain on top of her grumble. She scoffed, "He's your best friend." She pointed out. Josh chuckled, then they both stilled bracing themselves for what was coming when they heard running coming their way.

"I can hear you! You better have clothes on." With that Tyler threw back the curtain letting the blinding light of the bus in their cave of a bunk. "AHH!" They both yelled at the sudden brightness blinding them. "Why, Ty? Why must you do this every time??" Tara complained. Her brother's only answer was to laugh.

"Come on, broham, time to play!" Tara opened an eye and looked at her brother. She had to smile when she saw his happy bouncing beside the bunk. "Alright, Thing 1,  back up and turn on the music so we can get moving." She laughed when her brother whooped and hopped off to turn on the full bus sound system that had been a requirement when they chose their tour ride. Tara never felt fully awake until she heard music.

Within seconds she heard she and her brother's Pandora station blasting through the bus and felt it move through her like a stream of caffeine.  Josh rolled out of the bunk with Tara following directly behind. Beastie Boys 'No Sleep Till Brooklyn' seemed to rock the bus, just the way they liked it. She knew Jenna would be already inside probably relaxing away from their noise. She didn't blame her, not many could handle the noise the Joseph Twins caused.

Tyler was dressed and ready, just playing on his phone while he waited. She and Josh began their pre-show dance around each other getting ready. They had the routine down to a science. She would change while he did his hair in the hallway. Then they would switch and she would do her makeup on the built in vanity in front of the beds while he put on his contacts and changed. There tended to not be much talking while they got ready, just a lot of singing and air guitars and drums.

At 8:30 pm they were ready to roll and were running on time. "Hey, What Fall Out song are you doing since Pat is here?" She asked from Josh's back where she was hitching a ride to the stage. Tyler stopped in his tracks for a minute. "Shit! I forgot." He said whining before he jogged to catch up. It was a standing tradition/prank for the bands of FBR to play one of the others songs when they were together.

"Wanna duo on Twenty Dollar and send a copy to Urie?" She asked with a grin. She watched Ty's face light up at the idea. "See this is why we keep you around." He said happy to have figured that out. "Oh, is that why? Has nothing to do with being half your soul and this one's match." She said patting her fiancés lovely curls. Tyler pretended to ponder that for a moment.

"Nah, it's just the set list help." He said straight faced. He laughed as he dodged her foot that flew towards him. "Hey! Josh, get control of your woman!" He said slapping at her attempt to kick him. "Dude, I lost control a long time ago." He laughed. Tara laughed kissing his neck and making her twin gag.

They paused in their laughter when Tara's phone rang blaring 'Basket Case'. Her squeal had both men flinching. "Babe! Let me down! My savior is calling!" She said smacking Josh's shoulder. She quickly answered the phone as she touched the ground.

"My Lord! Your humble servant at your service." The laughter on the other end made her grin. "At ease, darlin'." She heard the raspy voice say. Tyler and Josh were amused but knew how much the man on the phone meant to her and how he and Pete Wentz had helped her when she hit rock bottom mentally.

"So, what's up Billie J? My unofficial sons doing good?" She teased. She heard laughter again from the man. "Kid, you're only a few years older than them!" He threw back. "Not my fault you didn't wait for me." She teased. "Alright, moving forward. I hear you and your boys are heading the Cali way in a few weeks?"

She nodded before remembering he couldn't see her. "Yep, tour schedule doesn't lie. Did you want to meet up or something?" She asked excited. "Well, yes, but I have another request." She was glad Billie couldn't see the happy dance she was currently performing since her guys seemed find it hilarious. She flipped them off and continued her conversation.

"Anything! What do you need?" "Six tickets to the LA show. My boys tried but they were sold out." "Yes." She replies instantly. She heard him laugh again at her quick reply. "Don't you need to check since it's a sold out concert?" He checked. "Billie Joe, I will build seats if I need to. You and the little Joe's are family. I'll put you on the LA list." She assured.

"Thanks, T." He said sincerely. They guys had kept her walking while she was on the phone so they would make it on time. Making it to their dressing room she sat on the couch finishing her call. "Hey, while I have you on the phone. How are you doing, kid? We haven't talked since you went back to normie life."

She smiled watching her brother and love of her life as they stretched and put on face paint. "Ya." She said quietly. Clearing her throat at the lump there she continued. "I'm doing really good, BJ. I've had bad days, but the good ones are outweighing them." Josh caught her staring and sent her a wink.

"I'm so glad, kid. Just remember I'm always here for you. Like you said we're a family. Now, go back to your boys and rock on." The phone disconnected. She laughed and shook her head. He always left calls on a high note.

"Ty, Josh! Seems Green Day will be attending your LA show."