Chapter One

Yeosang is walking through the back alleys of the city after visiting his friend Hongjoong's place. They always get together at least once a month, finding solace in each other since they both are witches. It's nice to have someone that's similar to you to confide in when you're in a world against you.

Yeosang hears some noise coming from one of the alleyways, and he feels something in him that needs to check it out. He cautiously walks towards the sound, looking into the dimly lit alley, the sun had started to descend not too long ago. Yeosang spots a body on the ground and rushes over to it, knowing this could be one of his people.

When he kneels to the body, he gently turns him over onto his back. Yeosang doesn't recognize this man, but he can't find it in his heart to leave him after seeing his badly bruised face and splotches of blood seeping through his shirt. He puts his ear down to the mysterious man's chest, hearing a faint heartbeat. He gently shakes him, nervous to use his power in front of a man he doesn't know, so he hopes that he is unconscious. Thankfully, he is. Or... Not so thankful, since he must be barely holding onto his life.

Yeosang closes his eyes and puts his palms onto the man's chest. After a few minutes, the man wakes up. The mystery man sits up and breathes heavily, having been healed so quickly, it caused his body to get a bit scared. His body has returned to the state before going unconscious to when he was getting beaten up by bandits.

"Are you alright, sir?" Yeosang asks the man, wondering if his magic worked alright. He hasn't had to use it in this way in a long time.

The man nods, looking around, "Yes, it seems like I'm alright now. Especially since those damned bandits aren't anywhere in sight."

"What exactly happened here? You're lucky I got here when I did and that I have previous medicinal training," Yeosang lies about the last part, not knowing this man, and he's not going to take any chances.

"I was just passing through when some bandits pushed me into this alley and beat me up asking me to give them all of my money, but I didn't have any. When they found that out, they just all ganged up on me and I suppose that's when I passed out," He says casually as if it happens often.

"I've never seen you around here before. The bandits in this area usually go after newcomers thinking they brought a lot of money with them. What is your name?" Yeosang studies the man, noting his medium-length dark brown, if not black, hair. Even though his face is bruised up, he can still see the nice shape of his face. Handsomely high cheekbones with a strong jaw. The bandits must've been bold to assume this man couldn't fight, but from how it went down, he isn't as strong as he looks.

"The name's Seonghwa. I've never been to this part before, so I didn't expect there to be such large gangs of them like that... Where I'm from it's usually just one or two and they're easy to take, but when there's five, it's pretty difficult. As you can tell," Seonghwa tries to chuckle but winces. His face must still be in a lot of pain even though Yeosang took away most of it.

"Ah, Seonghwa, it's nice to meet you. My name is Yeosang. I only come around here a few times a month," Yeosang notices Seonghwa looking him over, "See anything you like?" He jokes with him.

Seonghwa smirks and shakes his head, "I'm just thankful that you were there to heal me up. I'll have to learn more about where I'm going next time I go somewhere new."

Yeosang stands up and holds his hand out to help Seonghwa up. Seonghwa takes his hand and gets up off the ground. Yeosang can't help but notice how rough Seonghwa's hands are when their hand's touch. Maybe he's a metalworker or a blacksmith of some kind? Yeosang grows curious about this new man he's met.

Seonghwa brushes the dust off of his clothes and stretches his body out, "Ugh, those bandits really did a number on me..." He reaches down and touches his toes and does a few jumps afterward. He looks so silly doing this that Yeosang laughs.

"What in the world are you doing?" Yeosang covers his face to hide while he laughs at him.

"I gotta get all the kinks out, you know?" Seonghwa cracks his knuckles and does the wave with his arms a few times and then starts to walk out from the alley with Yeosang in tow.

"I see. They really beat your ass, huh?" Yeosang snickers again, "Your looks really don't match your actions."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Seonghwa looks to Yeosang, seeing that they're around the same height, "Are you saying I look tough?"

Yeosang reveals his smiling face and nods once more, "But you act like a goof!"

Seonghwa smiles after seeing Yeosang's bright smiling face, it being contagious to him. "I promise you I'm the toughest man you've ever met!" Seonghwa gives him a stern look, but can't seem to keep up the act long because Yeosang sticks his tongue out to him.

"You can't change what I've seen!" Yeosang grabs his eyes and fake groans, leaning over, "My eyes! My eyes!"

Seonghwa pushes Yeosang, "Hey! I bet I just made your day, buddy. When was the last time you saw a half-dead guy do the wave?" He does it one more time when Yeosang quits acting and stands back up straight.

After a while of walking, Yeosang and Seonghwa agree to meet each other in the city between where they're both from once a week. Yeosang and Seonghwa have this undeniable thing wanting to attach them together, whether as friends or possibly something more.

What is to come in the future? Yeosang didn't reveal to Seonghwa that he was a witch, but of course he didn't, he's not a crazy person. Witchcraft is banned. The King burns a few witches in the square every week for being caught using their powers. Yeosang can't trust Seonghwa yet. What will these meetings between them come to? They're happy to have found a friend in one another.

End of Chapter One