Chapter 2

Niklas ^^

Francesco Brunetti_____________________________

NIKLAS

"Just a bit longer, Nik." the therapist says, and I barely manage not to snarl at her, as the pain starting in my thigh grows stronger, making me feel like there are a thousand needles beneath my skin.

"And, time." she finally says, and I let go of the stretching equipment, my whole body shaking from the effort, as cold sweat bursts out of my skin.

"Good job! You know, you have made big progress since your first session. You should be proud!" the bubbly girl exclaims as I take a seat at the nearby chair, trying and failing to keep my temper in check.

Great progress! Right!

As if you can call being able to walk without stumbling down progress.

Sure, if you are an old man, but as a soldier, in his mid-thirties it's a disgrace.

"See you next week!" the girl yells out behind me as I make my way to the locker room, dragging my feet as if I'm coming back from a battle and not an hour-long therapist session and hating myself more with each step that I take.

I take off my sweaty clothes, the cold air of the changing rooms hitting my damp skin and making goosebumps spread over my body, before opening the locker to get my bag out.

I'm in the middle of debating with myself if I should just dress and leave the showering for when I get home, as just the thought of having to bathe in the hot tub instead of in the communal showers of the wellness center makes me tremble in anger, when another man enters the room in a rush, slamming the doors so hard that they almost fly out of their hinges.

"Fucking bitch! Who is she to tell me..." he starts to curse, the rest of his words getting lost in the loud buzzing in my ears as the room disappears in front of my eyes.

"Retreat! Retreat! I've been made!" Asan yells as he runs back toward our hiding place, the bullets raining down on him making the sand at his feet rise in a dusty cloud.

He's still a long way from where I and the rest of the squad are covering, and Gina takes out her rifle and begins returning fire, trying to take down the shooter, before my eyes widen at the sight of a man jumping out of the stone ruins with something clutched in his hands.

"Grenade! Get down Asan!" I scream and start running toward him as soon as I realize what the object is, the yells and curses of the rest of the team echoing behind him, as they urge me to get back.

Asan's eyes widen as he sees me running toward him and he starts to tell me something but it never gets out as the grenade falls and explodes right between us and the blast throws me back into the ground.

An excruciating pain spreads through my leg as a scream escapes my throat before everything goes black.

"What the fuck is your problem!?" someone growls and I'm snatched back into reality.

The locker room comes back and I suddenly find myself pinning the guy from before up against the wall, my forearm against his throat.

"Get off me, you fucking lunatic!" the man wheezes out, his face slowly turning purple and I immediately stumble back as a wave of shame washes over me.

"I... I'm sorry... I didn't..."

"You're fucking sick, you know that! Stay away from me!" the man yells and runs out of the room before I can even finish apologizing, the look of terror in the man's eyes making me hate myself more than I've ever before.

I slide down the wall and slump over the floor, as I realize that the word 'sick' can't even begin to describe me.

∞∞∞

"Just five more minutes." Asan murmurs and snuggles further into the white sheets, making me smile.

"Asan, we will get in trouble if we are late for a morning run again." I whisper into his ear before starting to kiss down his naked shoulder.

A smile spreads over Asan's lips at the action and he sighs as my hand pulls the sheet a bit further down to reveal more of his mocha-colored skin.

"And that won't make us late?" he asks, raising his head from the pillow with a smirk as my lips travel down to his lower back.

I shake my head, without answering before rolling Asan on his back and draping my body over his in one swift motion.

"I'll make it quick." I say with a grin before cutting off the laughter bubbling out of Asan's mouth with my own.

∞∞∞

A shrill ringing sounds off in the room, pulling me out of the dream as I turn over, trying and failing to turn off the damn alarm without opening my eyes.

There is a loud crash followed by blissful silence, and I sigh and turn back into the pillows, already deciding to go back to sleep before I remember why I've set the alarm in the first place.

One of Jack's friends has left me a message the previous day, asking for us to meet and discuss a possible job.

I'm not ready to work, especially for one of Jack's friends since the last job I've taken from him ended up with me in a hospital with a bullet in my shoulder after being kidnapped by the Russian mob, but the man sounded quite spooked, even though he had tried to hide it, so I reluctantly agreed.

I sit up and scoot down to the bottom of the bed where my prosthetic leg is leaning against it and make quick work of pulling it on before I stand up and go to the bathroom to get ready.

A little bit later, I pull up to the driveway of a gorgeous-looking house on the outskirts of New York, making me whistle at the thought of how much it must have cost.

Of course, I already know a bit about the owner having heard about him from Jack, and the fact that the man had quit his job as a lawyer to later open a kink club sounds quite intriguing and makes me curious about this Michael Jones.

I get out of the car and walk up to the door, pulling the brass knocker and letting it fall back while shaking my head at it as the word 'pretentious' echoes around my mind.

I've already started imagining some pompous-looking yuppie at the other side when the door in question opens and I freeze.

All breath leaves me in a rush as big, hazel eyes look up into mine and widen slightly before a polite smile spreads over the slightly shorter man's full, plump lips revealing a set of shiny, white teeth.

"You must be Niklas. Thank you for coming, my name is Michael."

Pleasure doing Bussiness (Whip 3) ✔️ SAMPLEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara