Chapter 2: panic

×cassidys pov×

I woke up to my roommates dog barking in our living room and groaned rolling over. I must of fell asleep after Savannah and my fight. It appeared to be light out so I grabbed my phone that was still next to me on my bed. The screen lit up as I touched it reading out: 9:45 a.m. I placed my phone on the charger and opened my bedroom door to silence Bibby; my roommates golden retriever. She usually only barks this crazy when someones here. I hush her and jump in the shower, preparing in my head what I need to go do today. Groceries, laundry, maybe visit my mom? I step out the shower and head to my room when Bibby starts barking non-stop again.

"Shhh! Stop it its just me!"

I scold but soon theres a knock at the front door. Bibby growls now and starts barking again. I furrow my eyebrows confused. Who could that be? I hold my towel tighter to my body and tip-toe to the door to peek through the peep hole. No ones there? I look back at Bibby who's panting now and sigh. Probably some werid neighbor.

I walk to my room to change and pause in the mirror to look at my hip tattoo. Where once there was a forced mind over matter tattoo is now covered with flowers. I have more tattoos now than then. A ankle one, a small rose on my back, and one on my forearm. I half smile as I remember the day Savannah took me to get mine covered.

~flashback~

"I'll just need a I.D then we can cover this for you."

The man at the counter smirked as he layed out his design. I handed him my I.D and he squinted at it then me.

" 18? How'd you get that tattoo to begin with then?"

He laughs before leading me to sit in his tattoo chair. I brush the question off and pull up my shirt and he starts to apply his stencil. I look over at Savannah who's on her phone frowning.

"What's wrong? Did you pick out a design yet?"

"You know they have 2 years left to be released? And why would I get a design, I'm not covering my tattoos I like them."

"Yeah I know I'm scared too."

I ignore her saying she likes the tattoos that were literally forcefully inked into her and focus on the sentence. The guys got 10 years, but apparently on good behavior Harry and Liam have 2 years left. Zayn died while locked up in some prison fight a year back. And Louis...he never got arrested. He wasnt there when the police came. Hes been missing since..
My thoughts are interrupted by Savannah scoffing.

"Of course you are. I've been counting the days I get to see him again."

I roll my eyes frustrated. The police called it Stockholm syndrome at first. But, it's been 4 years now. If only she believed what he did. Or knew what he'd do and say to me when she wasn't there.

"He tried to kill you with a cocaine overdose for fucksake Savannah! He locked me in his room and he fucking stabbed you with the needle right as you entered the house!"

"I dont buy that bullshit! I know what I saw ontop of those stairs!"

"Savannah the doctors told you when we were recovering! The police showed you the needle!"

"Its all lies! He even denied it in court."

"No shit why would he take another offense?! And you didnt wanna press charges! Youre mom had too. How about how he pushed Niall in line of fire?"

"Fuck this I'm out! If you cared so much about Niall why were you in Harry's room?"

With that she got up and stormed out. I layed my head back and sighed. She doesnt understand I didnt have feelings for Niall but, that was Harry's friend. What does that plus everything else say about him?

~end of flashback~

I frown at the memory and quickly get dressed. I comb my long dark brown curly hair and put on Jean's and a sweatshirt. I apply light makeup and put on my vans, before grabbing my purse and leaving. I take the bus to a nearby café and sit down ordering tea and a breakfast bagel. After scrolling through Instagram I decide to watch the t.v they have and eat my food. The news is on and its quite boring when they cut to a new story. I ask for the waitress to turn it up as the reporter is seen in front of the state prison and the words read 'Early Release Granted for Kidnapper from 2013" I nearly choke on a egg as Harry's mugshot pops up on the screen. He was nineteen then. His hair was messed up, his shirt had holes, he had his snakebites, and red eyes." The lady went on to talk about how he was released yesterday on good behavior, serving a 6 year sentence rather than a 10 year, and blah blah. I payed and quickly left the restaurant not wanting to be in public. I feel sick and I need to throw up! I pull out my phone and try to call Savannah but, it goes to voicemail each time. I wipe tears from my eyes and start walking home. I don't want to wait on the bus, I just want to be home.

~