2

Misty hugged her son before she let him free again.

"Don't go far, Lloyd. We need to go grocery shopping soon."

"Alright!" Lloyd answered before getting on the playground swing. Misty smiled at her son's hyper energy before she frowned at the piece of paper in her lap.

Misty had decided to quit her job. All those years to earn a master's degree in journalism so, in the end, she could be the servant for the manager assistant's helper. She wasn't taking anymore of their bullshit. She was going to be an independent blogger and journalist.

However, writing an issue was hard. What could she write about? After fifteen minutes of thinking of an issue and coming up with nothing, Misty called Lloyd so they could go grocery shopping.

"My feet are tired, Mommy." Lloyd pouted as they stepped into the market.

"Sorry, bud. I know it was a very long walk but I-"

"I know Mommy. We didn't have money for the bus." Lloyd said with a sad smile.

Times like this made Misty want to cry in pain just thinking of her son already worrying about money.

Misty looked inside her wallet again and looked back at her tired son before she crouched down his level.

"Because you've been such a great son so far you can get a treat that doesn't exceed over three dollars." Misty offered to where Lloyd happily clapped his hands before he rushed off to the next aisle. Misty sighed tiredly before she crossed out toothpaste from her grocery list. Guess Lloyd would be sharing his toothpaste with her for the rest of the month.

After getting all of her grocery items Misty became concern about why Lloyd wasn't back. "Lloyd?" Misty called out.

No reply.

"Lloyd please come over this instant. This isn't funny." Misty said now panicking.

People passing by looked at her weirdly.

"Lloyd?!" Misty began to yell as her heartbeat began to increase rapidly.

"Lloyd!"

Before Misty could start screaming Lloyd came running to her with a bag of fresh bakery bag in his hand.

"Mom! Guess what I got. I go-"

"WHERE IN GOD'S NAME WERE YOU?!" Misty yelled outraged.

Lloyd looked at her scared before he replied looking down at his feet.

"I'm sorry if I scared you, Mom... I didn't mean to."

Misty sighed tiredly before she hugged Lloyd tightly.

"Don't you ever do that to me, young man."

"Understood mom."

"Now what were you saying about the thing you got?" Misty asked smiling softly at her son.

"I got jelly donuts!" Lloyd answered proudly before he showed the whole bag to her.

"Hmm. Jelly donuts. Whenever I was sad I would eat these bad boys." Misty said sadly as a sad painful memory flashed within her eyes.

Misty raised an eyebrow at jelly donuts bag as it was stamped meaning it was already paid.

"Lloyd ... where did you get this?" Misty asked confused.

"Oh, that's the other thing. You didn't need to worry about me cause I was with this nice man who bought me these donuts." Lloyd said cheerfully.

"But Lloyd. I already told you to not talk with-"

"Ah, Lloyd there you are! You kiddo sure run fast!" a man said as he ran to where Misty and Lloyd were standing.

Misty studied the man and was perplexed at his taste in fashion. A huge hoodie with a cap on and rain boots.

"Hey, Mr. This is my mom. Sorry, I left you behind. She was calling me."

The man slowly raised his head up to meet Misty's eyes and gasped as his eyes widen.

Misty stepped backward and gasped lightly at the man standing before her with her son right beside him.

"Mis...Mis...Mist. Misty?" the man stuttered softly before in a quick flash Misty dropped her basket full of items and yanked Lloyd with her running at full speed.

"Misty wait!" the man yelled running after her but Misty paid no attention to her broken heart as she carried Lloyd out of the market area and ran as if her life depended on it.

And it sure did.