Mistakes Aren't a Bad Thing

Mikey bit back the tears that were threatening to fall from his baby blue orbs. He did it again. He messed up.

He made a crucial mistake on patrol, causing the Kraang to get ahold of a mutagen canister needed for April's father.

Which resulted in April becoming angry at Donnie and never wanting to speak to him again. It was bad.

Donnie had yelled at Mikey, telling him that he was nothing but a mistake and that he was the worst little brother in the world.

Raph yelled at Mikey too, calling him a clumsy mess up who couldn't do anything right. Needless to say, Mikey was feeling pretty awful right now.

Leo, who usually lectured Mikey after patrol didn't even bother to do it this time. He just told Mikey to be more careful. Didn't yell or anything.

So, here Mikey was: sitting on his bed softly crying. He wondered why he couldn't just catch the mutagen container like he was supposed to.

Suddenly, he heard his door cream open and the bed dipped a little as someone sat down next to Mikey, placing their hand on his shoulder.

"Are you ok little brother?" Leo asked, feeling sorry for the youngest turtle who was obviously very upset.

Mikey sniffled. "I messed up again and now Donnie hates me...so does Raph...why am I such a mess up?"

Leo immediately pulled his little brother in a hug. "Mikey...you aren't a mess up, don't call yourself that."

Mikey sobbed into Leo's plastron. "Y-yeah I am, Donnie thinks so...I messed up everything, he hates me."

Leo sighed and softly made Mikey look into his eyes. "Mikey, Donnie doesn't hate you...he's upset about April, that's all...he loves you."

"But...I ruined the mutagen, I didn't catch it and the Kraang got away with it, if it weren't for me, everything would have been fine."

Leo sighed, trying to think of some way to make his little brother feel better. "Mikey, do you want to hear a story?" He asked hopefully.

Mikey's watery eyes met Leo's and he nodded. "W-What's it about?" He asked. Leo grinned. "It's actually a true story...you'll like it."

With that, Mikey got comfortable in his bed and allowed Leo to tell him the story. The tears drying...

"A long time ago, a boy was drinking juice outside....it was a winter day. The boy accidentally left the juice outside all night. When the boy awoke the next morning, the juice was frozen solid."

Mikey gasped. "Poor kid, lost his juice....that's so sad! He probably got yelled at didn't he?" He asked.

Leo smiled. "The boy had also accidentally left a stick inside the juice which also froze into the drink...it was completely solid.

"Curiously, the boy licked it and was amazed at how good it tasted....he called it ice cream!" Leo finished.

Mikey was amazed. "Wait...so the kid made a mistake but it turned out to be a good thing?" He asked.

Leo nodded. Mikey grinned, realizing something, "Wow...ice cream kitty exists because someone made a mistake..."

"That's right Mikey, he made a mistake but in the end, it was the best thing in the world." Leo said.

Mikey thought a moment. "So...mistakes are a good thing?" He asked in confusion. Everyone always got mad when he made a mistake.

Leo hummed. "Well, mistakes aren't technically a bad thing because people learn from them...so in a way, mistakes aren't so bad."

Mikey nodded. "But my mistake was so horrible, and there's nothing I can do to fix it...how can that be good?"

Leo mused. "Well, you can't change what happened but I can promise you that Donnie will find another way to help April's father, he won't stay mad."

Mikey whimperd a little. "But what if he does? What if because of my mistake, his life is ruined forever? What if he never forgives me?"

Leo hugged Mikey again. "That won't happen...Donnie's your brother, he will forgive you...I promise."

Mikey was still unsure. "How do you know?" He mumbled. Leo smiled. "Because you are his otouto."

At that moment, Donnie walked in the room. His eyes were red and he looked upset. Mikey felt like he needed to apologise for earlier.

Mikey took a deep breath and timidly walked over to his big brother, feeling nervous and a little scared. What if Donnie yelled at him again?

"D-Donnie? I'm r-really sorry for ruining your mutagen for April's father, I hope you still live m-

Mikey was cut off by Donnie hugging him tightly and...crying? "No...I-I'm sorry little brother, so s-sorry."

Mikey was confused. He messed up and yet Donnie was apologising to him? Why? Donnie was sobbing.

"I d-didn't mean what I said to you otouto, I love you so much and you are w-way more important to me than April." Donnie wept.

Mikey couldn't believe his ears. Donnie cared about him more than April? His love interest?

Mikey hugged his big brother tightly. "Uh, it's ok D...really, I'm uh I'm ok, I forgive you, please don't cry." Mikey begged.

Donnie took a deep breath and raised his tear-stained face from Mikey's shoulder. "I never should have said that, you are my family...family comes first otouto, always."

Mikey smiled, hugging his brother tighter. At least Donnie wasn't mad anymore. He was forgiven and everything was fine.

"What about April? What are you going to do about her father? We don't have an mutagen..." Mikey mumbled.

Donnie smiled. "I'll think of something...wanna help me?" He offered. Mikey beamed and nodded.

He slung his arm over Donnie's shoulder and the two walked off to the lab together, hearts reconciled.

Leo smiled, happy he taught his baby brother a lesson on mistakes. And that his precious baby brothers weren't sad anymore.

"Mistakes aren't a bad thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey readers! I really hope you enjoyed the oneshot! I got the idea and thought I'd share it! Enjoy the big brother fluff! Remember... mistakes aren't a bad thing!

Plz Comment and Vote!Thx Enjoy 😘😍

Thx Enjoy 😘😍

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😻😸😺💖💋🐢🐭🍕