The Lights

I do not own anything but my characters.

Quotes and meanings below.

"Speaking aloud"

'Speaking telepathically'

Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all

My fanfiction & Wattpad: VivicaNight

My deviantart: Horrorgir1

This book has a Spoiler Alert for both films (2017/2019)!

** I have come to the conclusion that Pennywise will have to be somewhat OOC in this story, but not too much. For one, romance in general is OOC for a character like him. Second, he is speaking to another immortal creature, not a human or child like he does in the books or films, so things will have to be different/new for us because we have yet to see that side of him.

Chapter 4: The Lights

Sticking to areas with the least amount of humans, I follow the immense amount of power my senses are picking up within the small town.

My senses lead me to an opening to a sewer system that connects to a stream of water.

Taking one smell of the large sewer pipe, my hand flies to my face to cover my nose, my face distorted in disgust.

"...Oh that's nasty..." I whisper to myself, backing out of the pipe to take a look around, making sure I am not being followed.

The intense amount of strange, unfamiliar power urges me to keep going, to find the source.

Taking my last deep breath of fresh air, I climb back into the old pipe, the dark grey water splashing around my shoes.

Continuing on further through the maze of sewer pipes, the intensifying amount of strange energy radiating through the pipes, being picked up by my senses lead me along in the right direction like a map.

The silence fills my ears the deeper I travel into the Earth, only picking up the sloshing sound of my feet ankle-deep in the dirty water.

My senses lead me to an opening within the pipe I have been walking within, walking out into the opening, my excitement and curiosity blooms.

The giant room seems to be some kind of old draining system for the water, so if the room fills up, the numerous different giant pipes connected to the room would flush it out efficiently.

What is in the center of the giant room, though, spikes my interest.

Thousands, or even millions of random items have been collected in the center of the room, piling up to the ceiling. Following the pile's height, my eyes widen in shock and slight fear, "...Holy shit..."

Floating in the center of the ceiling, spiraling slowly around the top of the collection of objects looks to be 5 or so different children, all seeming to be unconscious, or maybe even lifeless.

I am able to do some crazy things with my abilities, but having the power to constantly keep a number of children levitating above the ground is not one of them.

This creature has got to be more powerful than my senses tell me it is...it isn't even here, or nearby to keep these bodies floating, yet it has the power to subconsciously keep them up and forget about them until who knows when.

Looking back down at the base of the belongings, I walk around it, looking at all the different items that have been collected over who knows how many centuries.