A Human, A Demon, And A Tree

The next two days, I've been recovering mostly. My swollen ankle has gone down a bit but I don't know if I can walk properly or not, since I can't move my dominant hand I could only use my other hand to eat. Fortunately, I don't feed myself for long because Inuyasha takes the eating utensil out of my hand and feeds me himself. Inuyasha has stayed by me every day and night, and I'm happy to have him by my side. His warmth fills the atmosphere around me. We don't talk like how a couple would, we banter and tease each other, but we know that behind it all, we love each other. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo all came over to see me the day after I came back to the village, we all sat down and talked. Sango and Miroku checked my wounds and told me that all I need now is wait for them to heal, but I know I'll have scars and permanent damage...but there's nothing that I can do about them. Inuyasha and I also told them about our love that we have finally confessed to one another, Shippo hit Inuyasha on the head. I was surprised Inuyasha didn't retaliate or anything, I suppose it meant that Inuyasha knew that he regretted it. Aside from the scolding of Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, and Shippo all wished us a happy future. Inuyasha wanted to take me to the tree by the cliff but couldn't because I needed to recover, I couldn't be happier knowing that he wanted to take me somewhere that means a lot to him. Today, I seem to be much better. I get dressed after eating lunch, Inuyasha went out to go to talk to Sango so I got the privacy to change. I haven't really gone out in a while, at least not properly so I wonder what the air feels like. As I head to the door I remembered something.

"My walking stick..." I say quietly.

I let out a sigh and hang my head, now that I don't have my walking stick how am I going to get to places. I put my arms along the cool wooden walls of my hut, and I follow the surface until I find the door. I take hold of the handle and I open it, my eyes begins to wonder around. I can feel the sunlight against my face and hands, but the air is still slightly chilly. I take in a deep breath, how refreshing. I raise my face to the sky and glide my eyes in the emptiness, the sunlight does not bother me at all. I slowly take a step forward and slide my foot along the wooden platform until I find the step, I carefully step down and I sit down. The gentle wind carries my hair around me, I close my eyes and take in the serenity. I can hear people's voice far away, the birds chirps above.

"I suppose Spring is finally here." I say to myself with a smile.

I lower my head and open my eyes, I then try to move my dominant hand. I can still feel the wrapped cloth bandage around my wrist, it's slightly painful when I flex the muscles. Although I'm trying hard but the only finger that moves slightly...or at least on command is my thumb. The other four doesn't. I sigh. With this injury, I may never be able to draw another picture again. I close my eyes lower my head, suddenly I can hear gentle chimes of a bell coming towards my direction. I open my eyes and raise my head, I can hear footsteps coming near.

"Are you alright?" The voice that I have come to love asks me.

"I'm alright, I wanted to come out for some fresh air. I've been cooped up inside for quite a few days." I reply back with a smile.

I then feel the air in front of me swoosh slightly, the rustling of fabric and then a presence right in front of me. It surprised me slightly.

"Talk about fresh air, let's go to the tree by the cliff. We can both get some fresh air and talk." Inuyasha says.

"Sounds good." I nod back.

I then feel his presence standing up and then becoming heavy again in front of me.

"Get on." He says.

"Huh?" I respond slightly confused.

"Get on my back, I'll carry you on my back. We can get there faster." He explains.