| T. Muichiro x Reader | Partners [2/4]

Y'all are too sweet, thanks for the votes, here's some fluff and OOCness (I'm sorry but it's impossible to write for pre-character developed Muichiro). And please don't be afraid to comment, I'm lonely :"-)

• • •

The cheering crowd, the glee and curiosity on their bright faces as they behold the fruit of your labor is the fire in any performer's heart.

To see their amazement once is enough to sooth any doubt that what you had done was a mistake. And one such performer's heart burned so brightly she fell in love with her crowd, her art.

She used it to gain recognition across the world. She built upon it and refined it and one could not have hoped for a contentment so sweet.

A road laid paved before her future and before she could take her first step, her heart had cried blood.

But the story did not there, for she still preformed for her beloved audience, watching their face painted with glee and curiosity still.

Though only once will they show such glee.

A demon she was now, dancing and contorting still after her death.

Or so the story goes.

• • •

| • You • |

The girls had left, leaving Muichiro and I standing before the sliding doors that led to the meeting room. We stood in silence, neither of us knew who was going to open the door. I looked down expectantly at Muichiro but he was blank-faced as always.

Well on second thought at least he knew...

I sighed and opened the door.

"Oyakata-Sama, it is good to see you," I greeted, bowing to the man.

"It is good to see you in good health, master," Muichiro, ever the polite one to him. Rather unlike me, though of course, I wasn't actually disrespectful.

He nodded in acknowledgment and gestured for us to enter. As we took our seats, his wife, Amane-San, took out an envelope and placed it before us.

It looked rather full but its appearance gave nothing away.

"I assume we are to go on a mission?" I asked, inspecting the curious envelope presented before us. Missions, for Pillars at least, usually don't call for anything to be brought along.

And yet here was something that was begging for me to open it.

'Ouch!'

Feeling something small striking my side I immediately glanced at Muichiro to see him giving me a disapproving look, a small, most likely retrieved rock in his hand.

Oh right, no speaking before the Master.

But Oyakata-Sama merely smiled, "Yes, and you two will be paired up for this mission. Though this particular one is rather different, the demon cannot be tracked as of right now but we do know that it will strike in 4 days."

A set time? That was new.

"This demon is not demon-moon though I called for the two of you because when it does show itself one Pillar will need to evacuate the citizens while the other kills the target. As for location..." he explained and took out a map. Opening it, his finger traced over a route until it met a certain dot.