[Extra] Iguro x Reader Draft

A/N: For those of you who read "Tears for the Wedded" and were hyped for the full fic released...sorry but I stopped writing both on Wattpad and for KNY shortly after, meaning that won't be a thing. However, I did write up a whole 11-12,000-word draft and wanted to share it. This was literally me from three years ago but I still found a few good prose I was impressed by. Some grammatical mistakes are to be expected.

(I am in college now and am procrastinating on my homework by doing this lol.)

CONTENT WARNING: Mentions of sex and sex work. If you are uncomfortable with that, feel free to click off. (15-year-old me tried her best)

===

[Prelude] - Past Timeline

Life was not a simple thing I had learned.

Neither was love.

Pain.

Nor regret.

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here to witness and celebrate the union of Iguro Obanai and Kanroji Mitsuri in marriage..."

If life was simple I would not be here, my heart weeping and dying within my heaving chest, shriveling up as I looked onto the bride and groom. One of them being the love of my life.

'They look so good together, how nice...'

The tears would blind me every other second, blurring the world and its great lights as to shield my foolish eyes, scolding them for even daring to look.

But I was a fool wasn't I? A fool who fell for the wrong person, my bones now broken.

So I would wipe those tears and force myself to take in this view for what it is, the last moments before all is lost for my broken heart. Hoping, praying, wishing.

Wishing I was strong enough to endure through this.

But I wasn't.

In no way was I strong enough for this.

"Speak now or forever hold your peace."

And those were the words that broke me.

Too weak to hold in the pain, my body failed me and I was forced to choke out a sob. The wretched sound drawing the eyes of many to me, endearment within their gaze and smile, knowing that I was a dear friend to the bride.

My tears blurred the world for me in warning, but I wiped them away like a fool, all to see their precious face. So happy and content, their hearts delighted by the future they will now share.

I looked the crowd, observing those smiles and gaze of understanding all faltered when I started to wail.

The sobs, the hiccups, they were an endless cycle it seemed, and eventually, they were too plentiful for my body to bear.

So it wasn't before long that air was not coming through.

"[L/N]!"

I heard Iguro shouting in concern as he looked upon my crumpled form in shock, a look of realization present within his gaze.

"[Y/N]!!"

The bouquet was dropped to the ground and I saw the petals flew. I saw Mitsuri lifting up her dress as if she was going to run towards me. And I saw Obanai reaching for his bride, yet his eyes bearing into mine.

"You...Did you...?"

His words felt like a joke, the bastard actually noticed?

"[Y/N]! [Y/N], are you alri-"