Chapter 12. "Explanations."

Beware. Emotional roller coaster ahead.
⚠️

Grayson's POV-

         I am sitting in the car with Colby not saying a word. I just can't. What the fuck just happened to me? My ass hurts bad. It's honestly nothing compared to the emotional pain I am feeling. I was almost raped. Ethan saved me again. Thank god he showed up on time. I just want him to hold me.
*BANG.*
Snapping me out of my wild thoughts I hear a gunshot. No. Did Ethan kill him?! My thoughts go blank as I close my eyes. He wouldn't do that. Ethan doesn't kill people. Does he? Obviously he just did. He's a... a murderer? I hyperventilate, crying loudly and suddenly peeking up. Colby is looking at me wide eyed through the rear view mirror. I look away quickly. I hate it when people see me cry. Wiping my tears I turn and look out the window. Ethan is walking out with Candice. My heart races and all too soon Candice is getting into the passenger seat and the words stumble out of my mouth,
   "I'm glad you are okay. We will figure this out."
All she does is nod her head to me. I can tell she is still shaken up. I don't blame her. I am too. Ethan opens the door to get in. He slides in and I realize that I'm sitting in the middle and I go to slide over. Ethan grabs my waist with his right hand trying to pull me over to him. Looking up at him with tears in my eyes I say in a voice that is way to shaky to sound like my own,
   "Please. Don't."
I scoot over to the other side and say,
   "Did- did you kill him?"
He looks at me and says,
   "Yes, but don't shut me out."
He looks sad. I hear him let out a,
*Soft sigh.*
My heart clenches up in my chest. Don't do that. Don't look at me like that. His eyes are too intense. I turn my head to stare out the window. I still feel his eyes on me. Burning into me. This is going to be a long drive.. I'm scared. I don't think he would hurt me but I'm still scared of him right now. As we get closer to Ethan's house I start shaking. What is wrong with me? I shouldn't be this scared. Less than an hour ago I was dying to be in his arms. It has all changed now. I have so many mixed emotions. I can't even comprehend what I'm feeling. All I know is that I'm broken. One part of me wants to call the cops and run. The other part of me wants Ethan to hold me and tell me it will all be okay. Suddenly we are pulling into the house and all too soon Colby shuts the car off.
   "Candice you are welcomed to do anything you want in this house. If you will please excuse me Gray and I have to talk alone. Now."
Suddenly I am pulled out of the car fast and upstairs in Ethan's room within seconds. How? What? How did we get here. Oh god did I blackout? I don't feel dizzy? I look up at him confused and jump back a bit. His eyes look red. Red? What is happening? He has hazel eyes not red eyes? Have I finally lost it? I've gone crazy haven't I? Fuck. All this trauma and stress has officially broken me. My heart races and I look down whispering,
   "What's happening to me? Ethan. I think I need to go to the hospital."
Ethan's grabs my hands and I flinch back. I realize his eyes aren't red anymore either. They are hazel. I've gone mad.
   "Gray, there is something I didn't tell you before. I've killed people. I am a vampire. It's in my nature. Please don't be scared of me. I won't ever do it again seriously. I promise."
I look up at him angrily.
   "After all that happened to me today you want to play jokes? That's sick Ethan. I'm leaving. I can't stay here with you anymore. You killed someone. I love you but we can't be together anymore. I'm- im sorry."
I drop our connected hands and turn to walk out of his room. Hands on my waist pull me back and lightly press me against the wall.
____________________________________
Ethan's POV-

         My thoughts are going haywire. Grayson wouldn't let me touch him the whole way back. I could actually feel his fear through our mate bond. It's driving me crazy. Him being scared of me makes my skin crawl. I knew it was all because he heard me kill Cameron. Even though he deserved it I still had a guilty conscience but only because he is not the only person I have killed with a gun. The others were accidents from drinking too much of there blood. I don't kill for fun but sometimes it just happens. It's in my blood. In my nature. It's all the bloodlust. I also told him I was a vampire. Bad idea. I didn't tell him before because I didn't want him to freak out. I planned to tell him. I really did, I just didn't know when. But since he is already mad at me for killing Cameron I felt he had to know. I had to get everything off of my chest. I love him too much to lie anymore. Snapping me out of my thoughts I hear him say something but all I could make out was that he can't be with me. For some reason I snap. I know my eyes are blood red now. I feel my dark side start to take over. We are mates. Grayson is my other half. My soul. He can't leave me. I won't let him. I feel myself lose more of my control and I'm not going to lie my fangs are practically itching to bite him. To finally mark him as mine and try his sweet smelling blood. To feel my fangs slice open his smooth skin. No. I can't. I lose all of the self control I had left when he walks out of  my bedroom door. I grab his waist and move his back to the wall. With his head leaning back I put my nose against his neck and inhale. Drinking in his scent. I soon realize why I never did this before. It was in fear of accidentally biting him. His blood smells so good. Like chocolate and strawberries. Just a taste. He is mine. I feel my sharp fangs pop through my gums painlessly and I drag them lightly across Grayson's soft neck. I can feel his pulse beating wildly. I pull him closer preparing to hold him up. Biting down I feel my teeth slice through his delicate skin effortlessly.
*Whimper.*
   "E."
His warm blood starts to flood my mouth and I swallow it greedily. It's heavenly. I slow down after a few seconds and drink it slowly savoring the taste. I've never tasted anything like this. They say that the blood of your mate is the best. I can see that now. I actually think I'm getting high off this. I retract my fangs because I don't want to drink too much and hurt him. Licking my lips clean I drag my tounge across the new fresh wound. Watching it heal over I smile. 2 fully healed fang marks on his neck forever. I marked him as mine. (Mate things.) I drag my nose up his neck and enhale. I needed this. I missed him so much. I'm never letting him go again.
   "Do you believe me now?"
I pull away from his neck and he looks up at me. I can feel his anxiety through our already forming bond.
"Please don't hurt me."
I frown.
I already have hurt him. Fuck. Snapping back to myself, my head clears. He's going to hate me.
   "Gray, baby I won't hurt you okay. I want to protect you at all costs. I don't want to hurt you and I don't want you hurt. I want to comfort you. So please let me. I love you."
Tears stream down my baby boys face. He looks so broken. So confused. If I could take all of his pain away I would. His arms wrap around me quickly and before I know it he's thrown himself into my arms. I tighten my arms around his delicate frame and think to myself there is nothing I wouldn't do for him. I want him forever. I can't fuck this up again. I feel his sobs rack his body. Picking him up I take him to my bed. Placing him on the bed I get another good look at him. Glossy red eyes and tear stains. My heart aches.
   "Oh, baby. I'm so fucking sorry. Whatever you want me to do I'll do it just please don't leave. I can't lose you."
*SOB.*
He let's out a sob that's makes me sit down and grab his body immediately pulling him ontop of me so both of his legs are on each side of my thighs. I grab his face in both hands and just stare. How can he be so breathtaking even when he's crying? My eyes travel down and I stare at those plump red lips and without even thinking I lean forward. My lips hit his soft ones and I pull back immediately. Stupid. That was stupid. Why did I do that. I'm blowing it. I shake my head and pull him close to me. Now chest to chest I run my fingers through his fluffy hair. His hands tighten around me and I hear him say,
   "E. I still love you... It's just- just with everything that has happened to me today. I can't believe it. You are a vampire for Christ sake. How is any of this even real? I just want to wake up from this horrible dream."
He still loves me. Horrible dream.... at least he didn't have to deal with living it for over 400 years.
___________________________________