Jeanne d'Arc 2

It's been a few hours since (Y/n) and his group part away from Fujimaru. It's a long walk indeed, but (Y/n) did not feel bored by it since Jeanne and Marie keep entertain him with some of the interesting facts about the place that they passed by and some fun facts about France. The walk was one of the bonding events for (Y/n) to get to know more about Jeanne and Marie. Without even noticing it, they finally arrived at their first stop.

"So... mind telling me why are we stopping at this place again?" (Y/n) asked.

"We figure that it's better for us to get some supplies before heading further. Don't know what would happen, right? Besides, we might run into a servant that we looking for here, who knows." Jeanne reply. 

"Okay. Let's split up and meet again at this place in thirty minutes!" Marie suggest.

Jeanne and (Y/n) nods. They then split up looking for the servant that can help to lift Siegfried's curse.

(Y/n) was heading to the east side of the village where he finds himself on some farm. He takes a look at the countryside view. (Y/n) take a deep breath and he slowly let it all out while enjoying the breeze wind.

"The air was so fresh. It's been a while since I feel this kind of atmosphere."

(Y/n) look at the sun and feel the wind touching his face while playing with his hair, "I bet sleeping would be perfect under this weather."

"Totaly right!" Suddenly a voice said behind him.

"Wha!" (Y/n) was startled. He immediately turns around only to found out that it was Marie's voice. "Marie!? What are you doing here? I thought we were supposed to split up."

He can't help to let out a sigh and think to himself, how in the world that he let down his guard and let Marie sneaks upon him.

Marie giggles, "C'mon, (Y/n). Don't be so serious." 

Marie takes a few steps closer to (Y/n). Her face turns serious and she looks at him in the eyes, "(Y/n), we need to talk."

(Y/n) can feel the sudden change and can't help but wonder why "Talk? About what?"

"Jeanne."

He was a little taken back when he heard Jeanne's name. "What!? Did something happen to her?"

"No. At least not yet."

"Not yet?" (Y/n) feel a little confused.

She nods.

"I don't quite understand."

"Tell me, (Y/n). Do you notice something odd about Jeanne?" Marie asked.

(Y/n) put a hand on his chin and hum, "Since you mention it. I think she often to space out. I wonder what was she thinking about."

"Can you try to guess?"

"Well, If one thing I know about her so far, Jeanne always thinks about others before herself. So whatever it is, it must be about something important, or maybe someone very dear to her. "

Marie reply with a warm smile, "You know, (Y/n). At first, I have my doubts about telling you this. But now I knew. You're the perfect man for the job."

"Telling me what actually?"

"The reason why Jeanne spacing out a lot. It was because she was thinking about how to face her other self again."

"You mean Jalter, right? Why would she think about that?"

"Jeanne has this doubt on her. She is not sure about dealing with the fact of whether she should accept or deny Jalter existence. She was in pain just thinking about it. She needs to escape from this doubt as soon as possible."