0.2 | STRUCKER

SEVERAL YEARS HAVE passed since the incident in which the siblings' parents were killed. Anastasiya Maximoff was now thirteen, making her twin siblings, Wanda and Pietro, aged seventeen.

Since the accident, life had been hard. Since the shell hit, killing their parents and collapsing their apartment block, they'd been living in the orphanage a few blocks away from where they used to live.

Currently, Anastasiya was sat on the concrete, twiddling a lock of her long ginger hair between her fingers, waiting for Wanda and Pietro to return from the market. How long she was sat there waiting, she didn't know, but she was starting to get bored. They've lived at the orphanage for seven years now, only really leaving for school. Sometimes the siblings would split up, beg for food and money where they could. The three of them often walked around the market, looking at all the things they could have had if it wasn't for one person. Tony Stark. The person who took their childhood from them, their home from them, their family from them.

A few minutes later, she was the familiar faces of her siblings emerging from the crowd, looking quite proud of themselves. Anastasiya rose from where she was sat, frowning slightly as she saw they were accompanied by someone else. She was pulled into a hug by Pietro as they reached her.

"What's got you so happy?" Anastasiya questioned, trying to decipher the looks on their faces. "And who is that?"

"Ana," Wanda began, almost unable to contain her excitement, "this is Baron Von Strucker. Runs a lab just outside of Sokovia. Me and Pietro have signed all of us up to take part in their experiments."

Anastasiya was confused, and she looked over for Pietro for confirmation. Pietro nodded eagerly at her, and Anastasiya was almost angry.

"What kind of experiments? Don't most
people die from them? I'm not stupid, I do read the newspapers you know," Anastasiya said, her face reddening.

"Ana, just think about it. We could be so powerful," Pietro said to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I don't want to become a lab rat!" Anastasiya exclaimed, clearly enraged. She was angry at her siblings - why did they decide to do this without consulting her first?

Wanda and Pietro were taken aback by her sudden outrage - usually Anastasiya was good at controlling her anger, and when they saw her angry they knew something was really upsetting her.

"Ana. We could finally get back at Tony Stark. This is our chance," Pietro said, grabbing Wanda and Anastasiya's hands, squeezing them lightly in reassurance.

"Ana. Please," Wanda looked at her, her green eyes filled with desperation. Anastasiya sighed. She knew they weren't going to give in, and Anastasiya was not about to leave her siblings. She knew she wasn't going to win.

"Fine. I'll do it."

A/N sorry for the short chapter! The story is just getting started, but when it gets going I will try to make chapters longer!!