1.4 | THE VISION

THE TRAIN SPED up, sending Anastasiya tumbling backwards into the doors as Steve sped past to Wanda and Pietro. A loud crash could be heard as the mobile vehicle skidded off the end of the railway line, not showing any signs of slowing down.

"Cap, do you see Nat?" Clint's voice echoed through the comms.

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go!" Steve called back.

"What's happened to Nat?" Anastasiya yelled to Steve who just shrugged.

"We'll find her, but first we need to stop this train," Steve shouted, "civilians in the path!" In a silver blur, Pietro was gone, and Steve turned to Wanda. "Can you stop this thing?"

"I can try," Wanda responded, as a surge of red energy flies out of her fingertips, and the train began to slow.

Anastasiya regained her balance, as she brushed her hand against her face to find it was covered in small bloody cuts from the broken glass. She clambered off the vehicle, followed by Steve and Wanda, who hurried over to Pietro.

"I'm fine. I just need a minute," Pietro assured, dismissing Wanda's hands.

"I'm very tempted not to give you one," Steve warned, as the two older Maximoff siblings looked up to catch his eye.

"The cradle. Did you get it?" Wanda asked, ignoring his previous comment.

"Stark will take care of it."

"No he won't."

"Wanda. Please. Just listen to him. You don't know what you're talking about. You don't know Tony Stark like we do." Anastasiya insisted.

"Anastasiya, you don't know what you're doing, you're a child. He will do anything to make things right!" Wanda exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'm a child. But sometimes, I forget that, and I think people forget that. I've had to mature much faster than half the kids my age and not for good reason."

"Don't you dare talk to me like that. I'm your sister."

"Then act like it," Anastasiya spat, as she turned her back on siblings to face Steve who had begun to talk into the comms.

"Stark, come in," Steve said, with a pause. "Stark?" No answer. "Anyone on comms."

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?"

***

"I'm going to say this once," Steve said as they stepped into the lab, the three Maximoff siblings following closely behind him.

"How about none-ce?" Tony retorted.

"Shut it down!" Steve demanded, and Tony once again didn't listen. "Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce snarled.

"I know you're angry," Wanda started, coming out from behind the super soldier.

"Oh we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Banner, out of everything that's happened..." Steve started before Tony interrupted. "It's nothing compared to what's coming."

"You don't know what's in there! This isn't a game!"

A silver blur went past as Pietro unplugged all the electricity in the room. "You were saying?" he asked.