CHAPTER TWO

BRYNN

i hate that i had to lie to annie. i just can't let anyone know that my parents are getting divorced.

I'm even more stressed because i have to choose between the two of them. they involved my sister, sadie and i into a serious situation and didn't even think about how we weren't going to handle it properly.

I've put a thought to something else, i can't believe I'm saying this but... I'm going to apologize to carson.

to be honest, if i wasn't already mad, i wouldn't confront him for how rudely he spoke to my friends and i.

it was after school and i was searching for carson but, i still had to go to my last cheer practice for the week because the game's tomorrow and that's another situation i have to stress about.

i spotted carson talking to a girl i don't know so i walked up to the two.

"can i speak to you, in private?" i said as i looked at the girl in the corner of my eye. "why, you want to yell at me again?" carson asked as his eyebrow rose.

"i wanted to apologize for yelling at you." ew, these words make me want to barf. he should be apologizing to me.

"I'll be back." he said to the girl then we walked down the hall.

"even though you were being rude to my friends and i, I'm sorry for yelling at you. I'm just a bit stressed about things that are happening at home and–" brynn then got cut off my carson.

"about your parents getting a divorce?" WHAT THE FUCK?! does he read minds or something?

"h-how did you know?"

"well, not like you notice but i live next door to your house and i always hear your parents yelling." i looked down as i was so embarrassed, humiliated—i just had mixed feelings, i couldn't name all of them.

"I'm not going to judge you, honestly that's the only thing we have in common." i looked up and boy, was i shocked.

"oh, well— I'm still sorry for yelling at you." i said. the corner of his lips rose up and i returned the smile.

i then began to walk away from him. i stopped and looked back, "carson, please don't tell anyone." i asked politely.

"i won't." he smiled then i turned around and continued walking down the hall to the field.

when i arrived, i already found the girls rehearsing our performance.

i then dropped my bag on the stairs and walked to them.

"kenzie, your friend is late." maddie, kenzie's big sister, said in annoyance. "sorry, i lost track of time." i said, lying.

"how? because, we all agreed to meet her immediately after school." kenzie said and i stood in my position.

we began with the rehearsal. i tried concentrating as much as i could but my life is full of shit now.

i then noticed a figure from the stairs watching us. i thought we were alone in the field.

it was carson. i couldn't help myself but to look at him. i then bumped into lauren and we both fell.

"brynn!" lauren yelled, "sorry." i said standing up then i helped her up.

"what's going on with you?!" maddie asked. honestly, i don't know.

when i turned to look at carson, he was already gone. we began rehearsing once again.

━━ Laurette💜
this was short, yes i know now LeAvE mE aLoNe!!.... i mean, bye!✌amd no hate on the characters that have been rude to Brynn.. i love them all.