The Meeting

One night, in the region of Alola, the young Champion was saying goodnight to her mother.

"You brushed your teeth?" the mother asked.

"Yep. Though I don't think you need to ask, since Meowth always makes sure I brush." The girl chuckled as she climbed into bed and got under her covers.

"He's looking out for you in his own way." The mother said as she approached her daughter. She bent down and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight, sweetie. Love you."

"Love you too, mom."

The two hugged before parting ways for the night. The girl made sure she was comfortable before closing her eyes.

...

The young Champion's eyes shot open. She sat up, blinking a few times. She looked around in confusion. The area around her definitely didn't look like anything she'd seen in Alola.

"What in the name of Arceus..." she muttered as she got on her feet.

She began to wonder what to do next. She knew she wouldn't find out what was going on by standing in one place. She was about to travel along the path she woke up on until a figure appeared in the distance. It was hard to make out what they were until they got closer.

The figure appeared to be a woman. The woman noticed the Alolan girl and waved.

"Greetings, child," she said.

"Um...hello," the girl replied. "Who are you? And what are you wearing?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

The young Champion mentally face palmed. How could she forget to introduce herself? "Um...I'm Kaitlyn and I have no idea where we are right now."

The woman sighed. "Honestly, I don't know where we are either."

"Great..."

"I am Timori," she added. "It's a pleasure to meet you despite our current situation."

Kaitlyn smiled a little. "The pleasure's all mine, ma'am. ...seriously, what are you wearing?"

"Oh?" Timori glanced at her attire. "This is the traditional clothing of a warlord. For me, at least."

"Warlord? What's that?" the curious girl asked.

Timori gasped. "You don't know?"

"No. Am I supposed to?" Kaitlyn tilted her head in confusion.

It was a little bit before Timori spoke again. "You're not from the Ransei region, are you..."

"Ransei? Never heard of that region," she said. "I'm from Alola."

"...what's an Alola?"