Shameless

What happens when a shy librarian meets a handsome stranger?

She looked up at the clock and sighed. Four minutes till closing and once again it’s just the two of them in the darkened quiet library.

Nervously she taps her pencil on her desk as she glances at him out of the corner of her eye.

It had been exactly one month since the mysterious devastatingly handsome dark haired stranger had made his presence known.

He would arrive three hours before closing and hover over his books silently reading. He believes she doesn’t notice his brief but smoldering glances at her….but he is wrong.

She notices. In fact it’s what has been keeping her up at night and leaving her completely dazed and dizzy during the day.

The way he stares at her it’s almost as if he can see right through her. Right through the façade she presents to the world.

Rachel Berry Librarian… organized intelligent and most of all responsible. A person who would never do anything rash or spontaneous. Someone who would never act on her desires ..give in to her needs. Someone who is always in control.

She definitely looked the part with her long dark brown hair pulled tight into a bun. Her clothes were always conservative. Tonight she wore a white button up blouse with an appropriate length boring brown skirt and of course her glasses which screamed spinster in training.

She had long given up on silly romantic foolish dreams. Although still only in her late twenties she resolved herself to living a safe secure life. A life filled with predictable days and comfortable reliable nights.

Only he had changed all that.

She felt it the minute he would walk in. She instantly knew he was there. She could feel her pulse quicken as he walked slowly by her desk. He always took the same seat… the corner table by the isle of Romantic literature.

Tonight was the same as all the other nights. The library was closed. He knew it but waited for her to tell him anyway.

He licked his lips in anticipation as he eyed the clock. It was the best part of his day watching her uncross her legs and straighten her skirt out. He longed to glance at the way her breasts strained up against the buttons of her shirt as she moved across the room to speak to him.

“Sir I’m afraid I have to ask you to leave.. it’s past closing.”

“O-Oh sure ..sorry I hadn’t noticed"

“It’s no problem”

His hands shook underneath the table as he dug his fingers into his jeans for control. Her smile was intoxicating …her deep brown eyes hypnotizing.

As she walked away he couldn’t help imaging himself pushing off the dusty books that sat before him and lying her down on the dark mahogany table.

Shaking his head he tried to clear his mind of his unending fantasies of her.

Trying hard to steady his hand he held out his card for her.

“Only one book tonight?”

“Yeah I’m kind of tired”

He scratched behind his ear holding his breath as she took off her glasses and rubbed her sore neck.

“Finn?”

He stared at the curve of her breast as it rose each time she moved her hand across her shoulder.

“What…sorry … what?”