Chapter 2: Still the Quest

I am not ashamed to say that I intentionally got the attention of as many sea monsters as I could while I sped through the ocean just so I could tell them to go away. You should have seen their faces! Depresso Espresso Monstero.

Anyways, I finally reached land and reluctantly set myself down, resigned to spend a good portion of my next few days hauling butt on foot. I set a decent pace and started jogging, hoping not to tire myself out too much to fight. I was pretty sure I was in Portugal or Spain. I looked longingly out to the ocean and saw the coast cure inwards in the direction I wanted to go. I took out the waterproof world map that Athena gave me to help me in my quest.

"Oh... so, here there's a channel that goes to the Mediterranean Sea... the rest of the guys have bad stories about that place, maybe I can tell that huge freaking turtle to piss off..."

I pulled out a pizza from Hestia's awesomely magical bag and ate it quickly before yeeting myself back into the water and propelling myself into the Mediterranean. 

Big Turtle wanted to eat me, but he got hecking rekt.

In the water, I was basically invincible, and it was great. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to go all the way around in the water. I had to choose a direction and got all the way around; Athena had made sure to tell me that I couldn't just skirt around the edges of the continents until I got back. I needed to prove more than the simple fact that I was a son of Poseidon. When I reached the end of the Mediterranean Sea, I launched myself out and hit the ground running, disregarding stamina for now. I was in the middle of some random town in the middle east when I heard a scream. 

Now, children scream for random reasons all the time. Hearing a child scream inside their house could mean that their candy got taken away just as easily as it could mean they were being abused. But, that was for the average person hearing a scream. I could easily identify the genuine panic in the kid's voice, and I kicked in the door without hesitation. Luckily, the kid wasn't being abused. However, he was being cornered by three cyclopses, and his mother was unconscious on the floor, out of his reach. 

"Ahem," I said, getting their attention. "I have a quick question before I deal with you. Why is your only instinct when you get out of Tartarus to kill demigods?"

The cyclopses looked confused.

"I mean, we are literally the only things on this earth that are willing and able to kill you. If you just avoided us at all costs, you would never have to go back to that hell."

"This is more fun," the middle one said, smiling wickedly.

The one on the right paled and pulled the middle one close to whisper something in his ear. 

"That's Perseus Jackson!!" it said, failing miserably at whispering. 

The one on the right overheard and started screaming uncontrollably.

The middle one, who had looked so confident a moment before, smiled uneasily and said, "We'll just see ourselves out..."

I blinked in surprise. Finally, a monster that wanted to run instead of fighting me for "revenge" or something stupid like that. 

Of course, I wasn't about to let them just walk away to torment some other poor demigod. To my unending surprise, they also realized that; when they said 'see themselves out' that they really meant to see themselves to Tartarus. So, right in front of my eyes, the first two dissolved into dust. I turned to the last one.

"Why did they decide to do that?" I asked.

"Dying by celestial bronze hurts more," he said, shuddering. Then he dissolved too. I turned to the kid cowering on the floor and spread my hands out as if to display the lack of enemies.