Chapter 13

The light burned bright on my face. I turned and tried to pull the blanket over my head only to feel that it's not there. I sat up and looked around to see there was nothing. No blankets, nothing.

I slipped out of bed and looked around the room. Confused I went to the closet and pulled out a pair of high waisted shorts and a loose, white, crop top tanktop thing. It was short in the back but it got a bit longer in the front. On the shirt itself there was an anchor with the words "living a free life" written in cursive around it.

I put on my clothes and walked into the living room. Dazai was sitting on the couch curled up in all the blankets from around the house. "What the hell are you doin?" I asked as I walked up to him. He only smiled at me.

"Nyx!" I yelled my name before reaching an arm out and pulling me into his giant blanket cacoon.

Once inside I was placed on his lap. "What the hell?!" I squirmed, trying to get back out. Dazai only laughed at me and held me in place. Before I could stop him he started tickling my sides, causing me to laugh, kick, and yell. "Dazai p-please stop!" I giggled and shouted at the same time.

Suddenly we started tipping over and we fell to the floor together. On the floor Dazai's arms wrapped around my back as I layed ontop of him. "I love you Nyx" he whispered in my ear. "I love you too." I said before placing a small kiss on his lips.

We got up and took the blankets back to the bed. Dazai just threw them on there but I actually made the bed.

He got ready for work while I just sat on the couch and watched Tv. The news to be exact. I wanted to see what was going around the city that us at the Armed Detective Agency May not have heard of yet. It was rare for these cases but they do tend to happen from time to time.

Finally Dazai finished getting ready and we headed out the door. It was a peaceful morning. The sun was bright and shining. The birds were chirping and flying over head. It was quiet... a little too quiet.

We made it to the agency and everyone was running around like a chicken with their heads cut off. "There you two are!" Kunikida yelled at us. I stiffened at the sound of his voice. He must have been seriously upset about something.

"Someone," He shot a glare at Dazai, "Didn't do their paper work and contact the Port Mafia like they were supposed to so now the Black Lizard and the gravity manipulator are on their way here." Kunikida said angerly.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Dazai. He smiled sweetly down at me and I punched him right in his no no square. He bent over in pain and I gave a quick smack to the right side of his face. "You idiot!" I yelled at him and turned around.

I walked outside the agency and waited outside for them to show up. Kenji and Akiko right behind me. Kenji so if I needed any sort of physical help and Akiko incase I needed any verbal help.

They finally showed and I just looked around at everyone. "What a pain." I heard a familiar voice in the middle of all the men. People started getting pushed aside and in came Chuuya. "Why did they send you outside of all people? I'd rather them send Dazai. At least he makes these things entertaining." The orange haired boy rolled his eyes.

Living and being with Dazai has really changed my personality for the better. "Oh I'm so sorry I'm no fun." I fake pouted. Chuuya looked taken aback by my tone. I smirked. "Oh shit! Do you hear that?" I said like I was in a panic. Kenji and Akiko playing along. They've worked with both me and Dazai for so long they just knew it was for the best to play along with our bullshit.

"What?" One of the men from the black lizard asked. I smirked before I saw Chuuya rolling his eyes. He was already tired of my shit and he just got here. "What? Oh nothing, I just wanted to see who was stupid enough to think something was happening." I laughed to myself.

"Just bring your boss out here." Chuuya tried to order me. "No." I responded, my voice monotone and there was no hesitation. "Nyx. Now." He tried to order me yet again but I only shook my head. "Who are you my dad?" I asked crossing my arms. He didn't own me anymore. "Bitch my daddy's inside." I made the joke.

"Hell yeah I am!" I heard Dazai's voice from above. He was leaning out the window pretty far. "I'm still mad at you! Get your ass back inside that building!" I yelled to him. He just frowned like a child and slowly backed into the window.

"Anyway you gotta... ya know... LEAVE." I said annoyed. "I'm tired of looking at your face." I said and turned around. I felt him activate his ability and smiled. "Perfect." I spoke to myself. "what's yours, is mine." I whispered and I took his ability.

As Chuuya leaped at me I jumped up high and landed on the wall. "This isn't going to go anywhere if I can match your ability perfectly." I spoke this him, my face dull and eyes lifeless. HE just deactivated his ability and I did the same.

Chuuya turned around and walked back into the group of men, waving his hand. Not before long they all started shooting at us. I activated my stolen ability once more and grabbed Akiko before jumping out of there. Kenji was strong, he could handle himself.

I brought me and Akiko up to the roof. We were going to let everyone else handle them. She had already gotten shot in the leg.

When everything was finished we went back into the agency. Everyone looked like shit. "Well that was crazy." I spoke to no one but myself. Everyone was upset with the events that just went down. If only Dazai did his work correctly, this wouldn't have happened.

AH! I have such major writers block for this story. I have no clue what to do next in the story. Someone give me idea's please.