I MUST BE FOOLISH TO THINK THAT WAY

I slept again without saying goodbye, not even ending the call.

"Where are you?" I texted Athiya. I am waiting for her so we can go up together.

Maybe this is our routine now. It's better to wait for her than to sit alone in the room that's full of awkwardness.

Every introverts' safe place: seat at the back, corner of the room. At least we can see everyone from that view and have the reason to stay silent

"CUMIN! " . She shouted, she's in the staircase already.

I don't know, but she keeps on shouting my name every time she sees me.

Maybe because we're always running late.

"How are you?" She asked as we took the seat near the door.

"You haven't call me for days, what happened?" She asked, looking at me.

I've been trying to avoid this conversation for a long time, but I guess she can still feel it. I don't think it's because of my actions, I am really being careful with it.

Or maybe it only made it so obvious?

"You're acting differently, like you aren't in your old ways" She said.

Yeah, I figured it out too, maybe I was too cautious.

"What do you mean?" I said, acting as if I can't hear her.

Using the loud chattering of our classmates as my excuse.

"You know what I mean, sometimes the more you hide it, the more it wanted to come out." She said giving me her death stare.

Like I am a lemon she wanted to squeeze. I took a glance and divert my attention to other things.

She bumped my shoulders, not letting me to get off the hook.

"Hey, Cumin" She says catching my eyes.

Crap! Now, I can't get out of this. She just won't let me to.

What a sucker for truth.

If I try to fight back, she'll surely know it if I am lying.

Remember, she's the queen of the observant.

"Come on, it's not like you're interested in someone." My eyes widened, perhaps she can read that I am shocked.

"So, you do?" She added in her realization.

"NOO!" I said quickly.

I mean I am interested in him but not in the way she said it.

Right Self?

Wtf. I cringe at the idea.

She looked at me waiting for a response .

"It's not like that, okay, there's just someone I am talking to" I said.

She sighs in relief and I don't know why.

I mean she's relieved? That I am talking to someone?

"Okay." she said shortly and I am shocked.

Usually she never stops unless I tell her everything and when she says everything it means..

Detailed

Including your feelings and the setup when it happened. She usually said she can't imagine it happening if it's not in detail like I am kind of ruining her imagination every time I tried to make the story short.