Chapter 5

Adira Pov

I sized up the Fae and prepared myself. But, before I could make a move, the slimmest male on the far right said, "Adira is a girl."

What?

I looked at the other four Fae that stood shoulder to should in the small room. They all had confused looks on their faces.

Well, I thought. I had hidden my identity so well, I suppose people just assumed I was a man since it wasn't actually known.

I smirked. This was going to be really fun.

I choose to keep my weapons concealed for the moment. I knew I could kill all five of these full grown Fae warriors with my bare hands anyways.

"P-please don't h-hurt me," I stuttered weakly. The males glanced at eachother uncertainly. "I'm j-just a girl. I didn't d-do anything." It was an effort not to burst out laughing at their confused faces, but I inwardly grinned.

"Um...miss, what's your name?"

I sniffed and sobbed, "L-Lena. Lena Watland," I lied. The guards shifted uncomfortably.

"We apologize Miss Watland." A different guard spoke. "We'll be on our way."

An idea occured to me. "Before you leave would you like refreshments?" The Fae all quickly denied my offer. "No, I insist," I pressed, "follow me."

I led the to the sitting room and went to the kitchen. I grabbed the leftover wine I had and reached into a hidden drawer. I took out one of the slender vials and slipped a few drops into each glass. Putting the poison back, I went to where the males were seated, distributing the full glasses.

I sat down my own glass and pretened to tidy up, ever the bashful hostess, avoiding drinking the wine without raising suspicion. I watched carefully as each guard took a small sip. I had made sure to use a poison that had no scent or flavor, and would only put them to sleep.

After they had all drunk, I sat down on the arm of the sofa and smiled wickedly, completely dropping my act.

"A group of highly trained Fae males from what I am assuming is the Summer Court, considering your apparel. Come to kill me, the best assassin known to any species. Me against you. The males who can't even sense a glass of poisoned wine.

Their eyes widened as I finished speaking, and they shot up. But, two of them immediately collapsed on the carpeted floor. Two out of the three remaining made their way towards me, but before they could reach me they collapsed as well. The last one hadn't moved from where he stood in front of his chair. I slowly made my way over to him until we stood chest to chest. He was breathing heavily and sweating, fighting the effects of the poison. I reached my hand up and lightly pushed him on the shoulder. I similtaniously said in a malicious manner, "You look exhausted. Why don't you, I don't know, Take a nap?" And down he went.

I stood there, calmly surveying the five Fae warriors passed out on my floor.

Time for my favorite part of the day, I thought. Interrogation.

A/N
So, just fyi, I probably won't be able to update this weekend because I have 2 sleepovers, a date, a group thing, and a soccer game. So. Yep. Have a great weekend!