Damsel Stress

A 3D animation of a book appears in front of a 2D art depiction of the solar system. The cover of the book shows a 2D cartoon style picture of the princess of the planet Venus. She is a woman with bright red skin, sharp teeth, long blue hair, and reptilian eyes. She wears a purple dress, with black high top sneakers, and a crown on her head. The cover art of the book has her holding her hair looking incredibly frustrated.

NARRATOR (v.o.)

This is the aggravating tale of Sulfia, the princess of Venus.

The book opens to show the left and right pages making up a diagram of Venus. It shows the surface layer of the planet, and a sky layer that has several island cloud cities and countries. The book turns to the next page to show a map of a large floating island. Text in old English font appears underneath this picture, as the narrator speaks.

NARRATOR (v.o.)

Sulfia lives in a castle on the floating kingdom of Alta Regio.

The page turns again. It shows, within a 2-dimensional side-scroller game setting, Sulfia, in a large two-story, modern-looking bedroom. She resides on the bottom floor, painting a landscape on a canvas, with scattered art supplies sitting on the other side of her easle. She looks outside her balcony window to see a yellow- orange sky, and flat mountains spread through the land.

NARRATOR (v.o.)

She enjoys painting, collecting sneakers, and being accompanied by her animal friends.

Sulfia adds the finishing touch to her painting with her animal friends surrounding her. A dark metallic fox with spiked studs on her ears, and a red and orange anthropomorphic gecko lizard with bandages wrapped around his claws sit beside Sulfia.

SULFIA

Hmmm, wow I did an awesome j-

SLIGHTLY MALE HIGH PITCHED VOICE

NNNOOOOO!

IN GAME ANNOUNCER

Liquified!!

Also near the animals is a yellow monkey sitting on top of an arcade pad with a monitor connected to it. He stares intensely into the screen, while using his feet and hands to control the joystick and buttons.

SULFIA

Uhhh?

MONKEY

(Holding his head.)

I got countered and she took ¼ of my health....

SULFIA

Roman, you were better off using the character that you LIKED using, not the one who's...in meta, or top tier or whatever.

GECKO

(Speaking in a slightly scruffy, low tone of voice. He Moves in front of Roman to play the game.)

I agree.

ROMAN

Kaz, I wasn't finished playing.