Chapter Ten

Lily's pov

'Oh Max could you help with this homework?' I ask Max as I see him walk pass me in the dinner hall, I am pretty sure he has a free period too now. I've been building the courage to speak to Max over the last week, he's been very offish with me since my first day, don't get me wrong he's been very polite by helping me around the school and stuff but it feels he is kinda avoiding me, he seems like he's in pain to be near me and the weird thing is he won't stop staring at me.
'Mhm sorry what?' Max says as he takes a seat next to me, he place his head in his hands.
'Sorry I am just over tired at moment it's my brothers and his girlfriend, well actually Fiancée engagement party tomorrow.... I've just been helping them plan it, as she's pregnant and we don't want her stressing out and my brother wants everything perfect for her.' Aww that explains a lot he's got a lot on his plate.
'Oh wow I don't think I've meet your brother, in fact I didn't know you had one'
'You must be the only person in the whole school who doesn't know my big brother, and to be honest he's my half brother same Mum different Dad' he smiles at me and helps me with the work in front of me, I still feel this pull towards him it's so hard not to touch him, every so often I brush my leg up against his just to feel that weird tingle sensation between us.
'Lily?' Shit I think he realises what I have been doing.
'Yes max?' I feel my face blushing.
'Are you coming to the party tomorrow?' Max asked me.
'I think my Father and Mother are' Max looks at me, I could just lose myself staring in his eyes.
'I would like you to come.... to umm meet my brother and his fiancée, so will you come with your parents... that would be um... really great' he flashes red as he asks me and almost stutters on his words.
'I would love to come... to meet your brother' I look straight in to his eyes and once again get lost in them, as leads towards me the bell rings, making both me and max jump.
'Right kids there the bell home time' damm it intrupped by the bell, Mac grabs his bag and heads towards the door, he turns back and says.
'See ya tomorrow Lily' with a smile as he turns back to the dinner hall door and leaves.