Chapter 4

Song for the chapter: myself by bazzi.
🌹

🌹

🌹

It almost laughed at him, but his face remained serious and expressionless

It almost laughed at him, but his face remained serious and expressionless. He wrinkled his forehead. "Help me?" he repeated slowly, not understanding it. He thought he was making fun of him. How could Luke hemmings, the "sun" guy, want to help him? It was just unthinkable. Michael was just the quiet guy no one wanted to know and nobody wanted to talk to. He wouldn't have earned anything but time wasted in Michael's parer.

But the Moor nodded, convinced of his own words and showing him a broad satisfied smile. "Of course," he said only, with a little light shining in his eyes. "Let's become friends, You and I"

Michael this time could not hold back, and a faint laugh came out of his own lips. It seemed to him years that he did not laugh, and although it was short and low, his shock invades his entire body. He had completely forgotten what it meant to laugh or smile. "Friends?" he asked, "who would want to be my friend? I mean, not to say anything, but you're one of the most popular guys, and if there was a popularity list I'd probably be in last position. I'm the last person you'd want to be friends with."

Luke nodded, as if he had just found all the answers in Michael's speech. "Do you want to know something?" he asked, in a light tone and looking at the other boy who beckoned him to want to hear. "I don't give a damn," the boy smiled, showing his smile once more. "who I'm friends with is my business, I don't care about popularity"

Michael made a bored expression, thinking he wanted to leave. He kept thinking inside himself that Luke was just making fun of him. The tall guy noticed the expression and raised a corner of his lips "what's up?" and said "am I not up to you?" he punched him.

"what? Of course not, you know what I was referring to," said the blonde, staring at the sports fields. "You have your group of friends, your boyfriend mark and you are surrounded by people who adore you. You're a point of reference," he said without looking at him, "and I'm none of that, I'm of a completely different reality. What on earth would you want from someone like me?"

A blow of wind moved the leaves before them, they remained silent for a few seconds that seemed to last an eternity, and then Luke leaned toward the other "I told you" he made in a serious tone "because I want to help you, and make sure that the next time I look at that counter on your skin I be sure that there is a high number, as high as possible, and no longer the zero one."

They were probably the most important words Michael had ever heard of, and he almost couldn't stand the other's gaze.
"I want to be your friend and know who you are," Luke continued, "and it doesn't really matter how different you feel about those people. They have nothing to do with it, unless you want to, you don't even have to get close to those people. Now I'm talking about you and me, just."

The blonde had run out of words, and he confined himself after a few seconds to nodding slightly, then taking a long sigh and returning to look at the moor. He felt tired and confused, he just wanted to go home. And even though in his mind the idea of being luke's friend still hadn't formed, something told him that everything was going to change completely, but he still couldn't tell how. "I'm Michael Clifford," he said, introducing himself, recalling that he had not yet said his name.

At the other, his eyes shone.
As he happily affirmed the boy's hand and clutched it contentedly. "luke hemmings, but I think you already know." he showed up in turn.

He entered the supermarket near his home, and began to wander the aisles. "oh well well" someone said from behind. Michael turned to see who had spoken. "Michael clifford," said the figure in front of him.
"Mark shiver," Michael replied, looking at the boy in front of him. "How do you know me?" he asked.
"I might ask you the same thing, but I'm a pretty well-known figure here," he replied in a wayy tone. Michael wondered how Luke could date a guy like him. "I saw luke get very close to you today," Mark said.

Michael looked down and felt embarrassed, but he got up soon after. It was said that of all the people Mark shiver, it was the last with which he should feel frightened. "Umh, can it be, why this question?" he said, he wanted to see how far the boy would go.
"tsk" annoyed jimin almost immediately afterwards. Michael felt really annoyed by this guy. "The closer I get, the more I think you're an insect. A small, insignificant insect," Mark said, in a harsh tone.

Michael was about to throw a punch at him to shut that mouth, which Michael said could only shoot bullshit. "Thank you?" trying to get past the other guy to finish that argument there, he had had enough.
"if that's all, I'd go home..."

But Mark blocked the passage with one arm, ending with his face not far from the blond's ear. "It's risky to approach the wrong people, don't you think?" he continued, trying to intimidate the other, who, however, did not seem intimidated. In fact, he was about to laugh in his face.
Michael didn't even look at him, he just wanted to go out and let mark go. If he loved his boy so much that he was jealous of every being who approached him, he simply should have been closer to him. "Well, then stand by him instead of coming to make this scene to me, right? I'm just a small, insignificant bug. How can you fear that someone like me will ruin your relationship with Luke Hemmings?" He answered, passing him and leaving him behind, reaching the crate.

Chapter 5 posted! How you like it, I know this story is kinda boring now, but I promise that It will be beautiful ❤️