Goldfish (Sam Golbach Imagines)

You were headed over to Sam's house for pizza night and you were pretty happy. He had just gotten back from filming in Kansas with Colby and you were super happy to see him. You had always had a tiny crush on Sam, but you would never admit that to him. He had been your best friend since before you can remember and you had no intentions of ruining that bond.
      You went in and everyone was already enjoying the party. Sam saw you and he waved you over.
      "What's up, Goldfish?" you greeted him. He just laughed and pulled you into a hug.
       "I missed you in Kansas!" Sam responded, pulling you both down so you could sit on the couch. "Seeing and remembering all the stuff we did as kids was crazy."
      You smiled fondly as you thought of some of the same childhood memories. "It sounds like it was."
      You guys talked about some of the cool things he experienced in Kansas. That's when things hit a bump.
       "Me and Colby are thinking about going to London to do some more ghost hunting," Sam remarked casually. You glanced over at him with a confused look.
      "London?" you asked.
       "Yeah! Colby and I are thinking that we take it International," he said, smiling excitedly. "London and tons of other places in the future."
        "Wow," you responded slowly. "London."
        "You okay?" he asked, concerned. "You seem upset."
        "Yeah," you answered and shook your head. "Just so far away."
         "It'll only be for a week," Sam answered. "I'll be back soon. And we still have to figure out when we'll go."
        "I know, I know," you replied, "I just miss you a lot," you said, leaning in closer to Sam. You felt him tense up before he relaxed and hugged you tight.
         "I miss you, too, but I'll be back soon."
        You sat there in silence for just a moment, before you shook it off. You went back to making conversation and enjoyed the rest of your night.
        The next day, Sam called you in the early afternoon and you were a little surprised.
         "Hey, Goldfish!" you answered when the phone connected.
          "Hey, (Y/N)!" Sam answered. "Are you doing anything today?"
          You scrunched you your face as you thought. "I don't think so. Why?"
          "No reason," he replied, but you could tell he was hiding something. "Will you be at your house at like 1?"
           "I think so. I was gonna go out for lunch, but I can just order in," you suggested.
           "Great!" he answered. "Talk to you later," he said. He ended the call and you were confused. You knew Sam had something up his sleeve, but you weren't sure what.
          You ordered your food and you ate it, but you were still wondering what Sam was going to do. You finally heard a knock on your door and you gently got up to get it. Sam was standing there with a goofy grin on his face and holding something behind his back.
         "What'cha got there, Goldfish?" you asked, secretly leaning so you could get a peek at what he was holding. He leaned with you, blocking your view and you sighed as he chuckled.
          "You'll see," he said. "Can I come in?"
         "Of course," you answered. Sam walked in, careful to keep his back away from you so you couldn't see what he had. When he got to where he wanted, he stopped and looked at you. "Close your eyes."
        You did as you were told and you stood with a small smile on your face.
         "Okay, open up," he told you.
         You opened your eyes and in front of you, Sam was holding a fish. But not just any type of fish. It was a goldfish. This one had some black, white, and orange patches on it and a big fluffy head. The fish was swimming back and forth in the back, keeping its eyes open and taking in its surroundings.
         "Is that a goldfish?" you asked with a huge smile on your face.
          "It is, but it's not just some ordinary goldfish. It's an Oranda goldfish. They are known for their fluffy heads," he added.
           "Just like you," you grinned as you leaned over and ruffled Sam's hair. He offered you the bag and you quickly grabbed a big bowl to set the back in since you didn't currently have a tank. You went back over to Sam and you hugged him. "Thank you so much! But why did you get me a goldfish?" you asked.
            "So that way I could be with you, even when I'm not around," he answered. You looked up at him and you saw he was already looking down at you. "I know you miss me when I'm gone and I miss you a lot, too. Maybe this way, it'll make it a little easier for you."
          You looked into his sparkling blue eyes and before you knew what was happening, he leaned down and kissed you. You kissed him back, wishing for the moment to last forever. He pulled away with rosy lips and a goofy smile on his face. You grinned back up at him and quickly pecked his lips.
          "I have a goldfish, but what do you have to not miss me?" you asked Sam.
          "Maybe I'll just have to take you with me," he answered. He hoisted you over his shoulder and you squealed.
           "Wait! Wait!" you yelled. Sam stopped but he didn't set you down. "Can you take me and Sammy to the pet store? I need to buy a tank and some decorations for him."
          "Sammy?" Sam asked before he set you down so you could grab your fish.
         "You know, like you. If I'm gonna have someone to talk to while you're gone, might as well be talking to a Sammy."
           He laughed as he opened the door for you to take your new fish to the store. You were both grinning like idiots the whole way to the car.