Brothers In Arms.

Forest, that's it Kol thought to himself, he's eternal peace is a forest with a lake right next to him! What a joke even in eternal peace he gets ripped off.

"You don't remember this place, do you?" asked a voice from behind Kol, the Original Vampire recognises the voice immediately and turns.

"HENRIK!" gasped Kol.

"In the flesh, so to speak," said Henrik with a smile, the very smile Kol had longed to see for a thousand years. The smile he had often dreamed of.

"This can't be, you never made it to the Other Side, you never tapped into your magic," responded Kol still stunned at the sight of his baby brother.

"What a mistake that was, if I did tap into my magic, mama might have been able to bring me, back. Don't I get a hug brother?" said Henrik. He wanted to believe this was true like he had done with every dream of his brother, but seeing his dream become a reality became daunting really fast!

"Prove to me, that you're, Henrik. I have been played hundreds of times too many," demanded Kol. The younger boy rolled his eyes, he had hoped their reunion would have gone smoother.

"Alright, mama and papa forbade me from the arts of magic. As well as fighting, Papa was creative with his reasoning behind his desire not to train me. While mama just said magic wasn't a factor in life, I was supposed to live and boy was she right. It was a major factor in my life if I had been taught magic things might have gone differently. We used to sneak off here to the nearest lake not too far from our village, but far enough to be left to our own devices. You showed me all of the magic, you learned under the Bennett witch and mama. It was here where I told you about my nightmares and fears because I was afraid that the others would tease me." replied Henrik. Kol couldn't deny it the boy is, in fact, his brother, everything the boy said was true. Kol opens his arms out wide making Henrik run towards him the two share a hug, Kol holding onto the boy tightly afraid he would vanish the moment he let go.

"Baby brother it has been too long." cried Kol.

"I know, I hated being parted from you all. But you the most. Our family was fragile long before I was killed. Each of us had our burdens, it was horrible to watch you all and not be able to intervene. I wanted so badly to get that damn dagger out of your chest." said Henrik, Kol lessens his grip over Henrik though still afraid if he let go completely Henrik would be taken from him again.

"No, one alive after you're passing cared for me,  mother cursed us to exist for a thousand years without giving us the choice. I lost my magic the second most important thing in my life," confessed Kol.

"I often wondered if I had somehow survived the attack by the wolves if mama would have never created the vampire immortality spell. If they would have allowed us to live a single mortal life," replied Henrik.

"Mother spoke of you very little, after your passing little one, I once asked shortly after we transitioned into vampires that if you had survived would she had still turned us. You might have shared the same fate as I." said Kol.

"We would have been together brother,  I love our siblings. I can't figure out why but I do.  Rebekah and Elijah are so far up Klaus' behind, they can't see the sun. They each play the victim Klaus the most. They neglect the fact that each of us had burdens given to us by our parents. You were doomed if you were their least favourite and you were doomed if you were their favourite. Klaus became worse than papa, he treated all of you like the dirt and played the violin when one of you chose to do something for yourself." said Henrik.

"I would never wish for you to have lived only to turn into a vampire, it would have turned the light you have to darkness. Your soul is too precious to taint," replied Kol.

"Kol, they may have that insufferable 'Always and Forever' but we have something better we have Brothers In Arms. If I had lived please believe me when I say that I would have fought for you to be able to keep your magic." said Henrik.

"I know, my little one, you were always there to defend me, even when father spoke openly about his disappointment in me practising witchcraft, you supported me," said Kol.

"Somebody had to, it was us against the world," replied Henrik. 

"So, how long have you been watching over us?" asked Kol.

"Every dozen of centuries, when Klaus had one of his tantrums, I watched papa and if he was in one of his moods. I spied on the residents of Mystic Falls, " said Henrik.

"Is it just you here?" asked Kol.

"Yes, I guess this afterlife was designed as a place fit for two," said Henrik.

"If memory serves me right, I recall promising to teach you how to swim, " said Kol.

"That you did before I became the original boy who cried wolf, " said Henrik.

"I suggest we get started knowing how slow you are it could take a thousand years," said Kol. Henrik laughs, he finally has what he has wanted for a thousand years to be reunited with Kol!

THE END!