𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

MY POINT OF VIEW

"Alyssa" Jaylen yelled, yanking the thick white comforter from her grasp with hopes of waking her up in the process.

"Hmm" she groaned pulling the cover back up over her body. She wouldn't be considered an heavy sleeper, so she never liked to be woken from her sleep.

"Get up" She yelled once more.

"I'm up now what?" She asked sitting up. Her eyes adjusted to the brightness of the room before focusing on the smile making way on Jaylens face. Sliding out of bed, she stretched and yawned away her tiredness as she walked to the bathroom.

"You are such a bitch" She mumbled lowly, cutting on the bathroom light.

"Hey, I heard that" Jaylen yelled as she began looking through Alyssa's floating shelf that placed along her wall, holding every sent of perfume anyone could imagine.

"I'm sure you did" she replied.

"You need a fucking man because your attitude is disgusting" Jaylen scoffed as she stood in the door way. Stopping mid brushing her teeth, Aniyah looked at her in revulsion. She felt she definitely didn't need a man, let alone want one.

"Just saying" she threw her hands up in defense as she backed away.

After doing her hygiene, she picked out some clothes. She decided to go with a long sleeve black crop top, dark American Eagle blue jeans, and pink fur slides. When staring in the long, wide body mirror of her bedroom she noticed the long scar on the right side of her stomach that wouldn't go away. Most times she'd never pay attention to it, but other times it's not so likely that she wouldn't end up ruminate over the incident.

FLASHBACK

"Wussup?" He asked, sitting on the bed. His eyes never thought to set on her as they stared at the bright phone screen.

"I'm pregnant" She said nervously as she fiddled with her finger nails to occupy her attention. She didn't know how he would take the news considering he put himself in the predicament, but stated multiple times that he didn't want a child by her.

Looking up from his phone, he stared at her with squinted eyes before his large hand tightly grasped her neck. The tip of his fingers fixed firmly into her neck.

"Get off of me, please I'm begging you" She cried attempting to push his firm grip from around her neck. Tightly clenching his fist, he forcefully brought it across her face provoking her to scream in pain.

As he continued, her strength weakened. Blood leaked from every open wound on her face. As he continuously kicked her stomach, she felt most defenseless.

END OF FLASHBACK

Words can't explain the way she felt that night, the deep hate she had for her mother became deeper than one would think. She watched it happen to her, she enjoyed it. That one scar was a constant reminder of it all. She lowly began to sob at how far she's become, overcoming all obstacles.

"Hello, we're sitting her Alyssa" Brooke waved her arm as Alyssa's legs dragged her past them, into the kitchen.

"Oh, hey" she said lowly.

"You okay?" she asked as her eyes squinted, attempting to figure it all out.

"Yeah I'm fine" She sniffled as she grabbed a water from the fridge. They watched every step as she entered into the living room, throwing her body onto the couch. Her eyes quickly scanned across each of them, before giving them small smile and taking a sip of water.