Chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, it was Richard, it was 10am and he was furious. If he knew where I was, he'd rush over guns blazing, he'd kill Cyril then me. '' Am at a friend's place'', I mumbled, looking around the room to make sure Cyril wasn't around.

''I had a terrible migraine, and I was feeling really uneasy'', I lied. Am going to the hospital, then I'll come home. Have you had breakfast?

I never really lied to Richard, and he always believed me, it was crazy starting now, especially because of another man.

'' Get yourself checked and head on home'', he roared. I might be travelling tonight, my father has sent for me.

He had not travelled in four years, the last time he did was for his mom's burial ceremony and I went and stayed with him throughout the period. Travelling without me just felt different, I felt left out. I had prayed for a weekend without Richard, and now that it was finally here, I didn't want it anymore. I jumped out of the massive bed and searched for my purse, stepping on spilled wine and marijuana ash in the process. I needed to get home immediately, and since I didn't reek of drunk sex, there was no use bathing'', I thought to myself.

Where was my purse, and where the hell was Cyril. I automatically became aware of the aroma of noodles and the smell of marijuana in the air, and I knew he would be in the kitchen. He must have been working out earlier, as he wore sweatpants and was covered in sweat.

'' Hey sleepyhead'', he said gently, pulling me close to kiss me. He had his hands on my butt and he smelled like OUD. The way his lips teased mine made my tongue jealous, it craved his. And as he tilted my head and reached for the delicate parts of my neck, I felt the sudden need to touch him there. He groaned as I slipped my hand down his briefs and claimed his hard crotch.

Though I knew I shouldn't, I wanted him.

I returned his kisses hesitantly, then with a hunger that matched his own. I trembled at the brazen force of my own desires as he encouraged my every tremulous touch, murmuring appreciation at my slightest attempt at a caress.

I felt him pull off my dress, then my bra. I gasped as my naked breasts were bathed in the warm glow of the kitchen light.

With a groan, he lowered his mouth to suckle my nipple, and I cried out. Cupping my other breast in his hand, he licked and stroked my flesh. Caressing my hips, I could feel his hand moving up my thigh and I couldn't stop shaking.

''Wait, am on my period'', I cried. I could see the disappointment in his eyes, the huge bulge in his pant and the way he struggled to catch his breathe.

''Am sorry, I was too forward'', he whispered, reaching for my bra and dress.

''I didn't know, I got carried away'', he added.

''that's fine, I need to get going'', I said coolly, adjusting my bra and praying I wasn't stained from all the fondling and caressing. This man was a vampire in a Dracula season, the things he did to my body.

The familiar sound of water hitting rocks drew my attention, as I walked down the street of Pinnock Beach to Richard's apartment. I had turned down the ride Cyril had offered, I couldn't trust myself when I was around him, and it scared me. Yesterday was quite a moment, it's been a while I had that much fun, that much alcohol and that much food. Cyril and his marijuana remained the highlight of the day.

I walked into the apartment to find Richard's box all packed on the kitchen counter, he was fast asleep on the sofa, a bottle of beer threatening to slip off from his hand, a half burnt cigarette in his mouth, and for the first time in a long time, he had a new shirt on. I nudged him, trying to pull my work file from behind him.

''I didn't hear you come in'', he groaned. How are you feeling now, what did the doctor say? He added.

''He said I have an infection, a bad one too'', I lied, trying to read the expression on his face and praying that the vibration in my pocket wasn't my phone ringing, and Cyril calling.

''Sounds serious, does that mean I won't be getting up in it?'' he mocked, pulling me closer as if to hug me. ''You smell different, are you wearing OUD?'' he stared at me, traces of suspicion in his eyes, an unpleasant grin on his face.

''Oh yea, I was thinking of getting you one, so I was checking some varieties out.'' I lied again. Cyril had been all over me like white on rice, he was the only one that wore OUD perfumes that I knew of, especially with this long lasting quality.

''Am not really a fan of OUD, but did get one?'' he asked coolly.

'' No, the cash on me wasn't enough to get one, I was gonna check back again'' I stuttered.

''Well you can get me something from Perry Ellis's collections, or Carolina Herrera's.'' he replied, slowly kissing my neck and pulling me as if to lift me up.

''Am starved, and as much as I want to eat you, I need food baby''.