I Don't Bite.

I can't stop thinking about Luke. Ever since he dropped me off at my house yesterday my thoughts seem to be clouded by him. I'm currently sitting in 3rd period trying to focus on the math problem mr. samuels is writing on the board but my mind seems to keep drifting back to thoughts of Luke and our encounter yesterday.

Oh my god Layla you need to stop and just focus on the lesson. "Hey bitch wanna go to the mall during lunch?" Tay Leans over and whispers in my ear. Maybe a mall Ditch day is just what i need. I'm not really one to break the rules but how much trouble can we seriously get in...I mean it's only the second day.
I nod and smile back at her. I try to sit through the boring lesson and avoid thoughts of Luke until finally the bell rings dismissing the students to lunch. Yay and i walk out the back door to the parking lot. We get into her car and she begins to drive away from the school. We throw on some throwback jams beginning with the spice girls wannabe.
We are halfway into the song when her phone starts to ring. "Shit....uh hey cal." She answers her phone wearily. " what? Oh Um no we're just having lunch with um....Sara? Yeah!" She exclaims and i give her a questioning look. "Fine, you caught me were ditching for the mall but i swear I'll get all my work and everything!!..... I'm sorry sir.....okay. I love you too" she hangs up the phone.

"What was that about....?" I ask timidly.
"Oh nothing Um cal just doesn't like when i ditch..." They have such an odd relationship from what I've seen. But i just nod and shake it off because she clearly didn't want to talk about it right now.

We arrive at the mall and because it's the middle of a Tuesday practically no one is here. Luckily i have some money left over from working at a few odd summer jobs here and there and i plan on spending some serious cash today. I've come to terms with my little crush on luke so i might as well buys some things to grab his attention. Maybe i should tell tay? Maybe it isn't that big of a deal i mean it's just a stupid crush right?
"Hey um tay? I can tell you anything right?...? I mean you won't like judge me?" I ask her and she is taken back a bit by my question being so out of the blue.
"Of course Layla, i know we've only known each other for like two days but i feel close to you. I've always wanted a girl best friend!" She says smiling at me.
"Me too! But you won't like tell anyone or make fun of me?" I ask her
"Of course not girly! What's got you so worked up? Who hurt you? I'll fucking kill them!" She says getting worked up herself.

"No! No one hurt me or anything it's just... well i think i might have a crush... um it's kind of embarrassing. Well you know luke....? W-well he um drove me home yesterday-"
"OH MY GOD LUKE HEMMINGS?? I knew there was a spark yesterday!!! Omg Layla I've got you girl! I'm so glad we are at the mall we're gonna make you look sexy as hell and we are in luck because there is a massive party this weekend and guess who's gonna be there?"
Oh no. Parties? Not a good idea for me. Well i mean if Luke is going maybe this will be a good thing? Ugh what am i getting myself into? "Fine I'll go :)" i say timidly.
"Oh babe just wait luke won't know what hit him."

——————————————————————————
After what feels like hours upon hours of shopping and endless stores we tay and i finally reach a stopping point. It's safe to say my wardrobe is now Taylor approved.
I got new dresses and skirts tay made me buy a few Boring colored ones. She even made me get heels which I'm very scared to walk in by the way. "I'm exhausted." I say sitting down on a bench in the mall.  Tay looks over at me and agrees with a nod.
" well, we'll, well, look who it is." Tay and I's heads snap over to the owner of the voice suddenly speaking. There stands calum with his arms folded over his chest smirking at tay. Next to him stands Michael, Ashton, and in all his godly glory Luke.
I look down at my shoes fiddling with a few of the shopping bags in my hand.

"Um hey Layla? I think i have to leave....maybe Luke could give you a ride home again?" Tay looks over at me with a knowing look and then looks nervously at calum who looks like he's pissed off. I look over to look hesitating a bit not knowing what to say. I open my mouth to ask Luke politely to drive me home.

"Come baby lets go." Luke says Before i can even get my sentence out. He grabs ahold of my hand gently and i turn to look at tay and she sends a sly wink my way.
Luke and i walk hand and hand through the mall and out to the parking lot. Luke gets a few stares from the stray girls in the mall and I'm not sure why but the thought of Luke holding another girl's hand instead of mine makes my stomach churn.

He helps me into the side of his car and then gets into the drivers seat. " you know darling, it's very naughty to be skipping school.... especially when it's only the second day." I look over at him and his eyes shift from the road to me. I blush and look at my lap.

"You are the one who got detention on the first day." I retort are him in a bratty tone.
"What was that little girl?" He asks demandingly
".....um i- nothing." I stutter about realizing it wasn't my place to question him in the first place. Then again it wasn't exactly his either but i stay silent.
He chuckles at my nervousness and blushing.
"You don't have to be so nervous around me you know? I don't bite..." Luke states and it doesn't seem to help my nervous state at all. I don't reply to his statement because if i did it would probably come out a bundled mess of words. "How about this, when we get back to your house let's just watch a movie or something. I want to get to know you better Layla." I am shocked by is sudden suggestion but smile to myself by his insistence on knowing me better.

"I'd like that Luke." I say quietly back at him. The rest of the drive to my house was silent but not awkward. Once we arrived we go through the front door and inside of the kitchen.  "Um....I'm gonna change into something comfier....make yourself at home!" God I'm so awkward.

I go down into my room and text tay frequently to tell her what is happening. I don't get any reply so i decide to change into light pink sweat pants and a lavender tank top. I put on some white fuzzy socks and make my way up the stairs and into the living room where Luke is sitting in front of the movie pile looking at our options. Upon my entrance he snaps his head toward me. "Hey princess i was thinking you should choose the movie!" He says eyeing me up and down a bit. I blush and look at my feet and make my way over next to him.
"Sure!" I saw smiling. I eye up and down the movie pile and the movie Matilda catches my eye.  "How about this one?" I ask with uncertainty.

He smiles and nods his head. "Whatever you want. Darling." We go over to the couch and grab a white fluffy blanket. He sits down and i sit at least a foot away from him just to be cautious. He looks over at me and i look away as the movie is starting. Suddenly i feel hands around my waist and i squeal at this sudden gesture. The hands pull me hard against a warm chest. "What did i tell you baby? I don't bite."