τέσσερα

Chapter 4

—————

"Deku, you better tell me where you've been for the past nine years," Katsuki hissed under his breath. It was the middle of Biology class and Katsuki would not stop pestering Izuku about the matter.

"What if I told you I was on a world tour?"

"Like hell, you were," Katsuki growled back at him, "cause if you were, I would have known."

"Wouldn't it be smarter to just ask your parents?" Izuku asked.

"Boys, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Izuku's teacher asked, smiling, though everyone could tell she was very angry.

Both of them shut up when the teacher interfered.

—————

"What's your quirk then?" Katsuki asked, putting aside the fact that both of them were currently in detention.

"It's simple, really. I'm quirkless."

"Like hell you are. I saw you burn that book to ashes."

"It's magic."

"Magic doesn't exist. If it did, and you were a witch, you'd currently be dead."

"You know your history well, Kacchan. But have you considered the possibility of witches being alive, the slightest bit?"

Katsuki didn't reply. He averted his gaze and turned away.

"Why do you lie to me? Don't you trust me?" Katsuki's voice quivered. "Why can't you just tell me your fucking quirk? AM I NOT TRUSTWORTHY? WHAT AM I TO YOU?! AN IDIOT?"

Izuku merely stared at him blankly with a 'do I look like I care' face.

Katsuki nearly tore out his hair in frustration. He stomped his foot and grabbed Izuku's collar, just as their teacher intervened.

"Bakugo, what the hell do you think you're doing? You're in already in detention! Let go of Izuku now!"The teacher screeched in her high pitched voice.

That day, both the boys went home, both angry at one another, although one did not show it.

—————

"I'm home," Izuku informed his mom whilst entering. His mother was sitting on the couch in the living room, staring blankly at the television. She turned her head to face Izuku.

"Why and how did you get detention? Your father and I have been worried about it. Don't tell me you're going on an evil path. You promised you wouldn't become a villain! You said you were going to become a hero but for all I know, you could be on your way to becoming a villain!" Inko cried, wringing her hands worriedly. Izuku smiled faintly.

"I'm not going to become a villain. I won't. It's just because Katsuki was bothering me and he dragged me into this mess," He said. Izuku's father was in the kitchen, staring blankly at the wall. Izuku walked past and shook him, as he was standing in the way, to get some snacks.

He walked back to his room, to practice his spell casting. His room had several enchantments, all to help hide the presence of magic, the enchantments were all done by Inko, who actually specialised in it. Izuku specialized in binding magic.

Every witch had the characteristics of an animal. Inko's look resembled a peacock in some ways, while Hisashi a panther. Thus, the same familiars.

In between the witches, marriage between two different types of witches, in terms of familiars and their animal bond, was frowned upon, and that was until Izuku came along.

A boy with a crow as a familiar, the first one of his kind.

He had many unique things about him, a new form of magic, two abilities inherited from his parents, and one mastered form of rare magic.

But he wasn't excited.

Ever since childhood, he was a quiet child, never really speaking his thoughts. Bakugo Katsuki bullied him because he could not stand up for himself and he couldn't bring himself to hurt anybody. His power started growing at a fast pace when he was five. Since not many trustable witches were present in Japan, they had to move around for a while.

Hence, the 'World Tour'.

He practised his daily quota of spells to be practised and sat down on his computer. After realizing that there was nothing to do on the internet, he went out for a walk.

He envied the witches who could heal, warp, or summon. It's pretty convenient if you can heal yourself anytime, anywhere. Izuku never had an aptitude in healing, because he can only heal papercuts, or at most, small bruises and scratches.

Don't even talk about warping and summoning. His failed attempts left him screaming, screeching, and lastly, laughing in madness when his brain gave up on him.

That was last year.

He quickly went back home, just to see his parents watching the television with a grim look on their faces.

He strolled into the living room, "Mom, Dad, what are you watching—"

He saw it for himself. The headline.

"Man detained in Fukuoka under the suspicion of being a witch!"