εννέα

A couple of months passed by, and Katsuki and Izuku's relationship became more or less became stable. Stable enough to not kill each other when in a 5 meter radius of each other.

Since the end of the second semester was nearing its end, the teacher had given them all projects to work with. Group projects where she decided the pairs since she thought it would make it fair.

Ignoring all the hierarchies and relationships of the students, she put Izuku and Katsuki together, thinking that Izuku could handle him. She would have known, if she had paid attention, that both of them were notorious for feuding with each other.

She didn't know that.

"HAH?! THE FUCK YOU MEAN I'M PAIRING WITH DEKU?" Katsuki snarled back at the teacher the moment she called out their names, "HIS WORTHLESS ASS WILL ONLY SLOW ME DOWN!" Katsuki still hadn't completely come to terms with the fact that he had a quirk, and now even that was a problem for him.

The teacher waited for Katsuki to finish throwing his temper tantrum, and started announcing the other pairs.

As soon as the class finished, Katsuki speedily packed up his bag and left the class, his face twisted in what can only be described as a scowl.

Izuku packed up quickly and ran after him.

"What are we doing for our science project?" Izuku caught up to Katsuki, who seemed to be very intent on avoiding him. 

"YOU DEKU, WILL STAY OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY," Katsuki growled, towering over him. He then turned away to go his way when he felt something grabbed his hand.

"You do know that I could just tell the teacher about your behaviour, right?" Izuku stated.

"And what exactly would she do? I'm not letting the likes of you ruin my project. Go home, Deku. The teacher won't do shit." Katsuki snatched hand back, moving away before Izuku could formulate a response.

Izuku trudged back to his own house. He couldn't stand being treated like this! What had he done to deserve being paired with him of all people?

He headed to the beach nearby to vent out his stress. He couldn't stop thinking about what he had said, it was correct that Izuku was below him when it came to class ranking, but he wasn't bad enough to ruin the project! He was literally second in their grade, below Bakugo, who despite his attitude, was apparently serious when it came to studying.

He ended up burning a few small piles of trash. He wanted to use other elements, but since he'd used Fire in class, he was stuck using that for some time. A few people did look at him like he was weird, but he made sure not to cause pollution. He quickly burnt through them with a fire of the highest temperature he could conjure, and quickly banished the smoke before it could rise and people could notice. 

 A few meters away from his house , Áalihte found his way to him and perched on his shoulder.

Izuku subconsciously petted him, since it was nothing short of a habit. The crow cooed before saying, "You're quite late. Your mother's worried and she's talking it out on the food," It sounded amused.

"I'll explain it later," He halfheartedly dismissed it. He swiftly unlocked the door and entered.

"I'm home," Izuku informed his mom whilst entering. His father would be at work today.