How Would You Feel About a Son?

"I love you," Aziraphale whispered, wrapped in Crowley's embrace. "I'm sorry you ever doubted that. Whatever I can do to make it up to you—"

"Marry me," Crowley said softly, his head buried in Aziraphale's shoulder, hiw mop of red hair flopped over the angel's shoulder, and all previous reservations gone.

"What?" Aziraphale said softly, his heart puttering in his chest.

"Marry me," Crowley repeated, squeezing Aziraphale tighter and letting his tears soak into the Angel's coat. "Be mine. Forever. Never let me go." He took a step back. "I don't suppose you want me to get down on a knee?"

Aziraphale stared at him for a moment, and Crowley couldn't read his face.

"You're willing to make it work?" he asked.

"Of course, my love," Crowley said, taking his angel's hand. "Come to my place. To the library. Come home. I want your face to be the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night. I want to fall asleep in your arms and make you breakfast in the morning. I want to make you laugh and I want to make you smile. I want you."

Aziraphale's face softened. "Oh my dear boy, yes!" He jumped into his demon's arms, ready to embrace the future the had fought so long to ensure.

"Oh," Aziraphale said, his eyes widening. "How would you feel about a son?"

~~~~~~~~~

Adam stood in the corner at his own funeral, looking at all the grief he had caused. He didn't know yet if he regretted what he had done or not. He thought maybe he had done the wrong thing. He drifted over to Lucas, not used to not feeling ground under his feet. He couldn't read Lucas' expression. He looked like he was on the verge of tears but didn't want to be.

It brought tears to Adam's eyes to see his boyfriend like that. "You saved me so many times, " Adam sputtered, tears beginning to roll down his face.  "You have no idea how many times.  It's not your fault. " Adam tried to slip his hand into Lucas's, but it just went right through.

Lucas shuddered as he felt the hand pass through him, but he had no idea what it was.  He glanced over at where Adam stood,  but he couldn't see a thing. 

"See me," Adam begged, tears streaming down his face as he desperately begged God or his Father to grant his wish. No one ever listened to his prayers. No one ever listened. It was up to him to make things happen. "See me!" he screamed, closing his eyes and balling his fists, calling on the powers he hadn't used in so long, and he wasn't sure they would work in the afterlife. He was hesitant to open his eyes, afraid it hadn't worked.

"Adam," Lucas breathed softly, his hand reaching out to caress the side of Adam's face.

"I—I don't know if I can keep this up," Adam said, growing faint. It was taking all his energy to make himself seen. "I love you, Lucas. Thank you for these past few months. You've saved me so many times I—" He blacked out for a moment and fell backward before managing to save himself.

"I love you too, Adam," Lucas smiled, throwing his arms around him, but of course his arms would just gi right through him.

Make it real. Make it happen.

Adam was already on the edge of fainting, but he put all his energy toward making it happen. He felt Lucas's arms wrap around him, the warmth of his skin pressed against him. Adam buried his head in Lucas's shoulder, his tears soaking into Lucas's shirt.

"I love you," Adam whispered before his image flickered and faded away. He watched in sadness as Lucas slowly reached up, placing one hand on the shoulder where Adam's head had just been one moment before, the fabric still wet with his tears.

"Goodbye," Lucas cried, and all of a sudden, Adam regretted it all. It hurt to fight but Lucas made it bearable. Adam turned around and looked at his new angel and demon godparents. His life would never be the same.

A/n: there is is, the final chapter! Sorry it's kinda sad, but I have an epilogue on the way that will be nice and lengthy about Crowley and Aziraphale's new life with their dead antichrist son Adam. See you soon!