오05

Sleep overtook you as fast as lightning that night which is to say a lot as your windows were left shut

Blame the exhaustion from your evening 'escapade' or the terror which was the aftermath of your gran's 'horror' story. You had dreadfully acknowledgededged that sleeping with your windows open wasn't much of a good idea and so that was that.

You drifted into the world of reveries dreaming about cupcakes and a certain half-naked boy.

Speaking of, San, whose last name you hadn't bothered asking, had managed to make an impression on you. He was a sweet boy, one who liked to talk in mysteries but sweet nonetheless.

He showed you the right way back to your home, how he knew your address was a mystery, just like everything else about him.

You had even wondered why your aunt was so wary while you and Hana were talking boys. If the boys here were anything like San, they were serious eye candy and yes, you were drooling in your sleep.

Whilst talking with the said hotshot from the street, you had gotten to know that he was in fact just a year older than you, which made him a senior.

You had managed to make two friends just by being in the right place at the right time, that was definitely a good start.

You woke up abruptly, startled by a sudden noise. It was barely 2 am. Your alarm would ring in 4 hours.

You huffed and laid down, switching off the bedside lamp.

There it was again, the horrid screeching sound. You inhaled sharply, slowly turning your head towards the curtains which were drawn over the windowpane, hoping to catch a glimpse of whatever it was through the space in between the blinds.

You remained on the bed, your body refusing to move out of instincts. You tensed up again when the sound was repeated. It was as if someone was scratching their nails across the glass (which seemed unlikely but did it, really?).

It could be an animal.You shuddered at the possibility.

You mindlessly climbed out of your bed, taking unsure steps and with one swift move, undid the blinds.

If you were face to face with a leopard with just a thin glass as a barrier right then, you wouldn't know. It was just too dark. All you could see was the vague silhouettes of trees and two parallel golden dots, staring right at you.

Wait, what?!

You squinted, trying to make out what in hell the unmoving dots were when they twinkled. Once, twice, thrice. And then they were gone in a flash.

You scratched your head in confusion, shrugging it off and made yourself comfortable in the bedding.

The noise wasn't there again, sleep wasn't either.