Chapter 13

Can we just appreciate this amazing picture of my most favorite person on earth.  He is truly my role model in every way shape and form. Plus he wrote In The Heights and Hamilton, so theres that too.  But seriously guys, he's such a quality human being!

Lin-Manuel Miranda, everyone!  Who's your celebrity role model?

Oh! And who's your fictional role model?  Mine's (one of them, at least bc I have a bunch) Jean Valjean from Les Miserables.  Also, definately Leslie Knope a little bit from Parks and Rec

~Clint~

"You locked the door? What is this really about, Perseus?"

"Everyone's onto me, I can tell. They know something's up, and I don't know how much longer I can keep the whole, you know, demigod son of Poseidon thing a secret."

" Well, if it makes you feel any better Clint is convinced you're a mermaid and Natasha thinks you're her long lost child she never had." I raised my eyes at the second one. "her words, not mine."

"Well, They're on the right track--"

I backed away from the vent, my mind running a mile a minute.  When I decided to follow them from the training room via the air ducts, I never expected anything more than an embarrassing mole on Percy's back or something along those lines!  This was way bigger, I mean, Poseidon?  Like God of the Sea Poseidon?  You know, now that I think about it it actually makes a lot of sense in a way that could only make sense to someone surrounded by superheroes ad a Norse God everyday!  In other words, it's completely impossible and therefore is obviously completely true.  Oh man, I win the award now!  Take that Nat!  Speaking of Natasha, I should tel her... no, I should tell the team.  Well, her first since she's my best friend, (Once, i made us matching friendship bracelets that were red and purple and black 'cuz those are our colors and she cried!  I'd never seen her cry!  In Budapest, hers caught fire, and when we made it back she begged me to make her a new one.  She hasn't taken it off since!) but then the team!

I silently slunk through the vents until I reached Nat's room.  She was sitting on her bed reading a book in her sports bra and a pair of pajama pants.  In other words, she'd kill me if i hopped down.

I silently opened the vent and fell (gracefully) onto the bed in face first.  That could've gone better.

"You better have a good reason for this one Barton, or so help me--"

"I do, I do," I said quickly as i untangled myself from myself and sat, legs crossed (that's not important to my story but it's important to me that you know that), facing her.  She raised her eyes.  "Whatcha readin'?  Something good, i hope... Twilight Nat?  Come on, girl, I thought we were friends--Ow, ow, ow, stop hitting me I'm sorry!"  Once the woman stopped bludgeoning me with her dumb book, she looked at me with that face that says 'Barton BFF or not you are one smart-ass comment away from death.'  I get that look a lot.

"Okay, so I was in my nest as you so fondly call it doing some target practice when Percy came in and said something about needing to run something by Thor or something like that.  Then, he said it was in his room so, nosy me, I decided to follow them through the air ducts.  Then, he told Thor he was scared he could't keep the fact that he was the SON OF POSEIDON A SECRET MUCH LONGER!!!  You hear that--the son of the frickin' God of the sea!  Do you know what that means, Natasha?"

"It all makes sense.  the Poseidon comment when we first met him, thought at the time I thought he was just pulling out legs, and then when he said a fish taught him to bake and the look he gave me when i asked if he could talk to fish, and the comment about his dad having too many enemies, and--"