Never Fly with a Troll

"Miss Lucille, I still don't think that it's a good idea for me to be on the plane." Fared hissed as he ducked under the frame to enter the plane. The floor of the plane shifted just slightly and Fared winced.

"Fared, we are going as guests of the Royal Family, if this were a plane full of passengers, then yes." Lucille placed her bag down onto a seat. As her eyes roamed around the plane, she found what she expected. It was utterly empty, with the exception of the few staff that were needed, just as she had requested. "You would have a point. But this is a commercial air flyer, it handles up to 50 people each weighing up to 300 pounds. It can will handle your easy 300."

"I suppose, Ms. Lucille." Fared shifted inside the capsule of the plane and sighed. "I still don't understand why we could not just ask Ms. Jexanna. She seemed to have to problem opening a portal for us last time." His eyes went around the entirety of the plane, desperately looking around. It almost seemed as if he feared the plane would enclose around him as the floor fell through with the way his hands and feet went out to gently tap and poke their surroundings.

"That was a much shorter distance away Fared." Lucille bit out, starting to lose her patience for a moment. She should have expected Jexanna's name to come up. The last time she and Fared traveled, it was through one of her portals. But the half-faery was unresponsive to Lucille's calls at the moment. "We are on our way past Siberia, to Buralo. Which is a much greater distance away than LA was to New York."

"But aren't there other fae with similar powers?" Fared asked nervously, as Lucille fell into a seat close to the window. Her eyes closed as a finger went to her temple. A cough sounded from behind them. Lucille's eyes snapped open. She found a pair of attendants, standing behind Fared. They anxiously looked to Lucille in a plea for help.

"Fared, do you know any other fae that would be willing to give a troll and witch passage to the werewolf capital?" Lucille snapped at the gentle mountain troll, and the poor giant flinched just slightly. Her eyes softened as a sigh passed through her lips. He was so sheltered before. "Besides, can't you see that we are being disrespectful to the crew of this fine airplane, Fared? We were graciously given this plane and perks by our client, and it is their job to ensure we are comfortably transported to Buralo."

Fared's blue skin turned a shade of purple as he looked aghast at the crew who awkwardly waved at him.

"It would be our pleasure, Mr. Miumanc for us to make your first flight most enjoyable." One of the flight attendants spoke up, her brown bun bouncing as she gracefully and effectively guided the troll to his seat. Lucille watched the woman, take him by the hand, with Fared unaware, and gently shove him into his seat.

"Oh I'm so sorry, ma'am." Fared spluttered out during the whole exchange.

"Please, it's not my first time helping a first time flyer." The woman's eyes shined at Fared as she slyly leaned over the troll. Her hands moved quickly as they worked to buckle him into his seat. "And if you need anything during the flight, please call for Lena."

Lucille smirked as she watched Lena leave Fared wondering how the hell he got there. She would have to give Lena a tip before the flight was over. The woman worked wonders.

"Please buckle in your seatbelts as we prepare for take off." Lena's voice echoed through the plane. Lucille's eyes closed, taking a deep breath and allowed herself to let go. It would be the only time that she would have a moment of silence, an opportunity to fall into the darkness.

"Lucille," The voice curtly called out to her. Her body tensed as she breathed out. Her focus wouldn't waver. No, she needed this. With amethyst eyes focused on the black cauldron before her, the focus remained. This was going to work. It had to. It was her last chance. The solution inside was boiling, it was thickening the right way. The blood was all there. All she had to do was imbued her magic within as a pledge to the coven. This was the last step. The blood pledge.