The Whole Being Dead Thing Pt. 1

Lydia was the only one already sitting in a chair. Her "parents", The Maitlands, scrambled over to her, sitting to her right, protectively shielding her from the demon just a few seats away. Rue had left through a door that had breifly appeared, announcing that they would be watching them from elsewhere.

Beej looked at Lydia, waving enthusiastically with a goofy smile towards. She waved back, holding back a smile of her own. BJ then gave Adam a flirty glance, to which the man put an arm around his wife, glaring at Beetlejuice with all his wholesome might....yeah, not really that intimidating, but hey, its the thought that counts, right? They hardly had time to find chairs to sit in before Alex Brightman, the actor for BJ, strolled on stage, beginning to sing and dance around animatedly.

Hey, folks! Begging your pardon
'Scuse me, sorry to barge in
Now let's skip the tears and start on the whole
Y'know
Being dead thing

"Wow, you two look exactly alike..." Lydia spoke under her breath, looking between the actor Beetlejuice and the demon sitting a few seats away. BJ let out a seemingly annoyed "duh" as he floated above his chair, his head in his arms boredly as he watched his stage-self dance around, singing the first few verses. It was obvious, though, that he was only doing so in order to hide the growing smile on his face as he glaced over at Lydia. Surprisingly, he wasn't smiling in a pervy-"ooh youre cute blah blah pervy shit" way(yes I am very good at describing things, thank you for noticing). He was happy to see his best friend again... Dispite the terms they'd left on, he had missed her.

You're doomed, enjoy the singing
The sword of Damocles is swinging

"Oh! Is that a reference to something?... 'Damocles' sounds familiar..." Barbara thought aloud. Beetlejuice moved from his laying-down-floating position to wave a hand in response to the Maitland's question.

"Damocles! Ya' know, that guy, Dionysus ll of Syracuse put a sword above his head held by a horse hair to show what it's like to be in power?" BJ responded nonchalantly. The others gaped, not expecting the demon to know much about...well, they didnt exactly take him to be the history kind of guy. Unless it had to do with death, of course.

And if I hear your cell-phone ringing
I'll kill you myself
The whole being dead thing!

Everyone exchanged a confused glance, but when not even Beej spoke up about it, they just continued to watch the musical.

Death can get a person stressed
"We should have carpe'd way more diems
Now we're never gonna see 'em!"

"Carpe diem..." Lydia repeated absentmindedly.

I can show you what comes next-
So don't be freaked!
Stay in your seats!
I do this bullshit, like, eight times a week!

"Eight times? Seven days?" Beetlejuice scoffed. "Yeah sounds about right! Dealing with people's shit 24/7 ta' be honest!" Oh, the irony.

"Yeah, because you have so much to deal with." Lydia said sarcastically.

"If you weren't a kid, I would definitely flip you off right now." BJ announced, before taking a few seconds to think. "Wait, nevermind. I dont actually care if you're a kid or not-"

"Dont you dare!" Barbara said protectively. Lydia chuckled nervously while BJ scoffed.

"Geez, B-town, you jump to conclusions too quickly!" He complained. "What I was GOING to say, was that Lydia is still my BFFFF Forever, so I WONT flip her off! But, as for you two-" he stuck out his two middle fingers, one pointed at each of the Maitlands. After a bit he put the one facing Adam down though. "I dont give any fucks!.. Except for you Adam~!" He wiggled his fingers flirtatiously at the man, who just gave an awkward smile to the demon.