Chapter 6

"Amara? Come on girl wake up. Don't go ditching me now." I slowly blink my eyes open. "There she is. Hey what happened to you? I've never seen you go down like that." Jenny is kneeling next to me.

"I'm not sure" even though I know exactly why. "Maybe just all the stress." Just then I hear Adalynn's voice.

"The doctor is on his way." I sit up way to fast at that and get very dizzy.

"No please don't call a doctor on my account. I don't want to trouble anyone."

"My dear, we want to make sure that you are alright. We will not stand for you to be harmed in any way." A new voice says. I turn to see Lucian sitting and staring at me.

"Jenny why don't you run and get Amara a blanket and a glass of water." Adalynn says. With a nod Jenny runs off. Lucian then turns to me.

"Your Highness, I do apologize, if I had know that this was going to happen I would have come prepared."

"Wait wait wait wait, did you just call me your highness?" Lucian nods.

"You are the Queen" Adalynn adds. I turn to her shocked.

"You knew about this too?" She nods "Is there anyone here who doesn't know what is going on?"

"Jenny. Which is why I sent her out of the room. You seem to be accepting this pretty well."

"Um huh, not really. Why do you think that I fainted?" I said sarcastically. "So, I'm not going crazy. There really is a King Thane?" Lucian nods. "And he is waiting for me to wake him up?"

"Yes."

"Well, how do I do that? Though I still don't understand why I am being called queen and highness."

"Unfortunately, the man who cast the spell to put the King to sleep, he messed up the spell. He somehow erased that part from all our memories. No one that was present on that day knows how to wake the King." Just then Giles enters the room with a man, who I am guessing is the doctor.

"Well, what seems to be the problem young lady?"

"I passed out."

"Any nausea, dizziness, or headaches?"

"Dizziness."

"Any stress recently?"

"A bit more than normal you could say."

"And you just recently arrived on the island?"

"Yes today... I'm starting to feel really sleepy." 

'Amara, listen My Love you cannot sleep right now. I'm so sorry that I have caused you all this stress, but you must stay awake.' Thane is there. I can't open my eyes to see him, but I can hear the panic in his voice.  'Listen to me. I hope you can hear me, My Love. I can sense something wrong in you. I cannot lose you before I have even found you. Once I do this there is no going back, we will be even more strongly connected than we were before. But since I am not awake, this will weaken me to the point where I won't even be able to come to you in your dreams, at least not until you free me. I am sorry that I can't officially ask your permission to do this, but I refuse to let you die. Remember My Love. I love you.' 

And with that I feel a burning warmth all over me. It starts deep in my chest and begins to spread. I can feel his mind with mine. All  at once I can feel his love for me. I have never felt anything like this. It's incredible. As the warmth envelopes me the pain fades away, all my stress and worries disappear, all I can sense is Thane... 

Beep... beep... beep... beep... beep... slowly I open my eyes. It looks like I'm in a hospital. I don't try to sit up. I don't see anyone at the moment, then Jenny walks in.

"Amara! Oh thank God, I thought that you were a goner. Honestly we were all scared. I didn't know what was happening and no one would answer any of my questions." I smile and try to laugh at her bubbling excitement, but instead I start coughing. "I'm going to go get a nurse and let them know that you are awake. I'll get you some ice chips while I'm gone." 

Just then Adalynn walks into the room. "You gave us quite the scare, your Highness." I shake my head.

"Don't call me that, please. Even though I believe it's all true, I don't think that I'm ready to be a queen just yet." My throat sounds very dry and hoarse. "How long was I asleep?"

"Three days. You only began to finally stabilize yesterday. And I think that has something to do with the King. Am I right?"

"Yes, but I'm not sure what everything is still a little bit hazy as to what happened that night. I remember him saying something about wishing he could ask my permission to do something, and then all I remember is being warm." Adalynn gasps.

"He started the bond with you."

"The what now??"

"That's really more his territory to explain, but basically in order to heal you he needed a stronger connection to you. So he did the first step of bonding with you."

"I get the feeling that there is a lot more to it than that, and you are just giving me the basic knowledge."

"You would be correct in that. The doctor said that once you wake up we can take you back to the house, but you should definitely take it easy for a few days. Nothing too stressful." I nod as Jenny and her grandfather enter the room.

"We are so happy that you are alright. Lucian and his wife will be here shortly, they heard that you were awake and wanted to see how you were doing."

"Thank you, for everything. I know that I feel much stronger than I did. I am honestly anxious to get out of here. I've never really liked hospitals."

"Well, we will go check on that. Come along my dears lets let Amara rest now." They leave and I close my eyes for just a few moments, when there is a knock at the door. 

"Come in." Lucian and his wife enter the room. Immediately they both drop to their knees. "What on earth are you doing?"

"Showing our Queen the respect she deserves, Your Highness." Clarisse says, both have their eyes cast to the floor.

"Please don't  I can't let you do this. You do not need to bow to me. I am no Queen." 

"But you are Your Majesty." Lucian states, still refusing to look at me. "You have been the Queen since the day you were born."

"Queen of what exactly?" Lucian looks at me startled.

"He never told you?"

"Well, he never really got the chance, he was too busy trying to save my life."

"You are the Queen of the Supernatural Realm."

"I am the What Now?????"