°•Chapter 1•°

|Lightbulb's POV|

It was another normal day, ya'know, at this cra-a-zy island. Anyway, I'm on my way to see Painty at Hotel Oj, there's gonna a little get together there soon and I was gonna ask if they wanted to come with me for fun. Honestly, the peeps here don't know how to have fun now, I've noticed that in some competitors' attitudes are getting more rude and their emotions are a total wreck but I know that they'll get better, I have faith! I see Paintbrush sitting by a tree by the hotel and they seem a little, I dunno, bothered probably?? They were most likely staring off into space like always. I don't know but I walk towards them and begin with a big hug. "Heya Painty! You good there? You seem bothered." They replied a little late, they were still staring off into space. They reacted with hugging me back with one arm and sorta quickly pushed me off lightly. I just sit in front of them. "Hey Lightbulb, sorry I wasn't paying attention." They laughed a bit out of embarrassment but when they looked back at me, they looked a little happy to see me,, Thats nice! "Oh, never mind what I said, anyway, going to be 'party' at the hotel? Almost eveveryone is going." They looked at me for a little and, again, replied late. "Oh, yeah sure, is Fan and Test Tube going?" "Yeah, that is unless the egg is 'moOorRe imPoOoOrtAnt' than the activity." I said rolling my eyes and began laughing. Paintbrush laughed a little too. "Sure Lb, I don't see why I shouldn't go." They smiled at me and then stood up. I was still sitting down on the grass and look up at them. They held their hand out for me and I, obviously, took it and they helped me up. This is very stange and nice at the same time. Painty never does this for me, I like these changes! They finger-guned me and winked,"Tck-tck!" and they began walking away. I did the same and began walking back to camp. Its not really a camp, more like a small self-made civilization that probably Mephone made, I don't know when, but he did. I decided that because we have free time this week, because of the party on Friday, that I should walk around with Baxter and see the sights.

[ Insert a montage of Lb having fun with Baxter around random places, taking silly pictures (one of them with Taco in the corner, falling off a branch due to flash of camera light) ]

It was 8:01, and it was getting dark and I need to say this now, I've always had kinda a,, 'thing' for Paintbrush... I don't know what it is about them but I really can't control this feeling for them. At least they're going to the party with me! I start making my way back to camp and look for my place. It's like all the others, small house looking things. They're basically all the same other than the customization on the inside. I wasn't paying attention and bumped into another person, Knife. He turned around and told me to watch out next time in a stern way, then scoffed and walked away. I mean, at least he didn't yell. I get into my place and decide that its late enough and just go to sleep. I put Baxter on his pillow and I get in my bed and all I could think of was Painty. Before I slipped into the unconscious world I whispered to myself, "Goodnight Painty."
_____________________________ ___ __ ____ __ _ _ __ _
|Paintbrush's POV|

Lightbulb had texed me this morning and I smiled at the text because it honestly gave me happiness. I had nothing better to do so I decided to go to where she told me to wait for her. I started getting tired of standing there so I just sat by one of the trees in the front of the hotel and enjoyed the peaceful moment. I started to stare off into space and started thinking about Lightbulb for some reason. I didn't mind my brain for thinking about her so I kinda ignored it. I've been starting to get this feeling for Lightbulb and I actually kinda like her, I don't know but her personality is not as bad as I thought it was. She understands me too and I'm starting to think about trying to get closer to her.. maybe she'll understand what I mean, she'll probably feel the same way..? Maybe even- my thoughts were cut off by a hug. Lightbulb was on top of me and hugging me and she said something but I didn't know what, I was still distracted. I snapped back to reality and blushed a little, I decided to hug her back to not make this an awkward moment. I pushed her off a little because she was hugging me pretty tight. "Hey Lightbulb, sorry I wasn't paying attention." I felt a little embarrassed about not hearing what she said and tried to laugh it off. When I looked back at her, she just.. Why does she look so cute?? she looks so happy to see me, classic Lightbulb... I forgot that I was smiling and snapped out of it after she asked me another question. "Oh, never mind what I said, anyway, going to the 'party' at the hotel? Almost eveveryone is going." She smiled a little at me, a type of smile with little hope sparkles in her eyes and she slightly leaned forward to see my reaction. Hello?? Say something!! I snapped back again, "Oh, yeah sure, is Fan and Test Tube going?" I asked trying not to sound like an idiot. "Yeah, that is unless the egg is 'moOorRe imPoOoOrtAnt' than the activity." She had her hands on her hips and made a funny face while saying that 'more important' part in a mocking voice, and then rolled her eyes. She giggled at it and looked at me to see my reaction. I of course laughed at it because it was actually funny. "Sure Lb, I don't see why I shouldn't go." I replied and smiled at her, thats really all I could do as my response to her making me happy. I stood up and held my hand out for her, she took it and smiled again. I decided that I should go out and get some food because I started getting hungry. I looked at Lb and finger-guned her, "Tck-tck!" And started walking away. Was that rude? I dunno, agghh, dang feelings. Why must they be this way????
-=Time skip=-
I went back to my place at 8:07 and I was about to go to sleep, I looked at my hair and saw that it was a total mess and decided to brush it. When I opened my drawer, and grabbed my brush and began to brush them, then I saw a picture of Lightbulb and I. She was messing with me and I was super short on patience and looked ticked off. She's so cute... I chuckled a bit to this and finished brushing my hair and layed on my bed. I looked at the picture one more time before closing my eyes and whispering to myself, "Goodnight Lightbulb."